Minor Vox leaping changes

Midaychi

After playing a Vox for a while, and seeing a number of Vox play, I've a few ideas on maybe how to make Vox leap more fun, if not more fair, without ruining it for everyone.

1. The biggest: Make leap an auto verb with no dialogue. Instead of choosing your target, you can only leap on the closest entity to where your Vox character is facing. Make it a keyboard shortcut in wasd mode even, maybe. This way, antags have a wider variety of ways to juke Vox-cuffing, and Vox players have a much more fluid skree-hugging experience.

2. Make the Auto Grab only be first-level, and not aggressive, only initiate in the active hand, and require that hand to be empty. This prevents the more robust low-ping players from abusing throws, and the other rather hilarious things you can do as vox become a little harder. It also makes the system more intuitive, and fast players can still spam Z or click to aggressive grab if they need to.

3. Make leg restraints of any kind prevent leaping. Have vox problems? Use bear trap. Security tired of vox tackling the arresting officer? Attach cuffed shoes to their feet. Edit: Alternatively! Targetting a Vox's legs or feet and using cuffs of cable cuffs make their legs restrained until removed.

4. On #3, you might have suddenly yelled, 'But magclaws!', and yes, semi-unrelated to leaping: Add a way to remove Vox mag claw deathgrip. Like, using a screwdriver or something on the feet gives a red message and a few seconds to react, then disables the deathgrip on their claws so you can take it off. Useful for securing Voxes.

5. The windup message. This one might not be necessary, but giving leap a one second warning period while Voxes wind up their springy legs for a hop would actually give people (who are paying attention) a split second to react by throwing something at them or dodging into a closet. Or shooting. Shooting works.

I agree with these, I play Vox a lot too.

1. Leap at it's current state can only either result in capturing whoever you want or getting your head bashed in when you herp and derp in the opening menu.

2. Not sure how this affects players, I have ping of like 50 most of the time and I use the throw system to make hilarious shit happen, this could be used to outrobust a ninja-wizard-teenage-hulk-xeno-skrell.

3. If this happens i'm going to consider my fabulous Vox legs as "private places" and let all hell loose for hilarity. Good idea, I can only imagine the pain of security that has to deal with Vox doing Vox stuff (stealing everything)

4. I would like to get my claws back somehow if i happen to get cloned

5. The leap is not so long that it really needs this, you can outrun the leap.

I agree with most of these.

1. I must voice that I disagree with changing the dialog menu to an auto-targeting system. When in a crowd of people, leaping can actually be useful, but if it had an auto-targeting system, then RNG decides if you get who you want.

2. Leaping to a passive grab is nearly pointless, I believe a better solution would be to either remove the auto-stun when leaped at OR reinstate the delay. Currently, you can immediately upgrade from an aggressive-grab to a neck-grab therefore being able to quickly choke out an enemy. Normally, there is a delay before you are allowed to progress from aggressive-grab to neck-grab.

3. Leg restraints prevent leaping is fair enough. Adding a new leg-cuff with cable-cuffs would be difficult at best.

4. Agreed completely.

5. Technically, this already exists. The leap takes about half a second to actually go through. If you are the only person around a vox while they are standing still, you can generally assume they are trying to leap at you. Otherwise, this could be combined with one of my proposed leap-nerfs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use