Admin Complaint: Spacemanspunk

florodude

Admin Key:Spacemanspunk

Complaint:  On another thread in the complaints, there's a complaint of an event that went 'wrong', in that person's opinion.  Literally the entire complaint was them saying they thought the admins did a poor job at managing an event, so it was more like feedback than an actual complaint.  I commented on the post since I was in the round and basically said, "no i think the admins did a good job here, here's why."  A few posts later, SpacemanSpunk posts "Do not comment on posts you're not involved with."  Looking back, everybody who commented was either an admin or somebody involved with the round.  So at this point I'm a bit confused because I'm like...Everybody was involved with this event?  Who is he talking about.  So I commented and asked that.  "Spaceman, who are you talking about? Everybody who commented was a part of the event."  I posted from mobile then went to bed.  This morning I wake up and look at the thread and my comment isn't there. Weird.  Deleted, or didn't post from mobile?  I look at notifications.  Nothing.  Messages.  Nothing.  Hm.  Look at the post.  No, "I deleted your comment" posts on there.  Weird.  Must've just been not posted.  Post the same question, "Spaceman, who are you talking about, everybody was a part of that event."  BOOM. Formal warning.  1 point that will NEEEVER expire.  Mwahahaha.

Here are my problems:

1.  I was as much a part of that event as the person who posted.  Therefore either A.) The complaint should've been deleted for being feedback not a  complaint or B.)  I had as much of a right to post there are the original complainer.

2.  Absolutely zero feedback on my post being deleted.  No message, no ping, no notification, no email.  I legitimately thought that my post didn't post correctly so I posted again trying to be helpful.

3. A formal warning?  Seriously?  I deserve a 'point on my permanent record' because you warned me when I had literally zero way of knowing what I was doing was wrong?  How about instead of just writing "Don't comment unless you are involved" you actually try to help the newer players of the community.  "Florodude, we generally only allow comments from the original commenter and admins.  Therefore although you were involved, we ask that you refrain from posting anymore on this thread."  If that would've been the response, it would've been done and over.

Firstly, "Spacemanspunk". Childish insults like this are not appropriate or tolerated here. Further such insults will result in a forum and server ban.

Secondly, there were two posts before yours saying not to post about your feelings on it or if you're not involved. This was to limit the complaint to that of the person making the complaint so that could be addressed, without a dogpile of everyone giving their 2c. If an admin says to do something, you're to do it, or not in this case. A forum PM, or discord message, would have sufficed.

Thirdly, your comments were hidden, as not being relevant to the complaint at hand. I can still see them:

Spaceman, who was that directed to? Everybody that has commented was a part of that round. 

Necaladun, I feel like since the entire post is literally feedback on this admins choice to make an event happen that me saying that I disagree with the original poster is Warrented.

And:

Necaldun, since the initial post is essentially, "The admin made the game worse by starting an event, therefore they shouldn't do that."  I think it's fair to comment and say, "No i played that event, I don't think the players were worse off because of it."  The initial post shouldn't be allowed if my comment shouldn't

Also Spaceman, who are you talking about?  Nobody on this thread wasn't involved with the round.

Fourthly, SpacemanSpark's comment was directed at everyone, but also specifically the person who posted on it who was not there for the round at all, and is in fact, currently banned from the server.

Fifth - you had a way of knowing what you were doing was wrong, because I posted before hand:

I will also add that unless there is something directly related to misconduct or the like, please do not post on this.

This is a direct instruction. What you posted was not related. This was done because I did not want it devolving into an extended discussion on various peoples feelings on the event, and to instead focus on the original complaint and their feedback and reaction to it. If we wish for other people present to give feedback, we'll post to say so. If we don't want that - or don't currently want that - then we will also post to say so. This doesn't stop you from making a separate thread, or politely PMing an admin about it.

In future, obey instructions from admins, and do not resort to childish insults.

Hi there! So, you posted a message around 14 hours ago now inquiring into why Neca and Spark posted those messages. Thing is, the messages were posted because people not related to the appeal were posting in it and their messages were indeed deleted. That is why it may seem like he was warning legitimate posters, where as there were hidden posts with warnings of non-legitimate posters, which it was aimed at.

Now, your post was deemed not relevant and deleted, and I spotted you had once again posted with the exact same content pretty much, so I elected to take action. However, I got my reasoning slightly wrong, which I quickly sorted out by sending you a message on discord a few minutes after.

Spartan-Today at 16:00

Hey buddy, I mucked up your warning reason, but don't post stuff unless it's related. You already had one post hidden for that reason, alright?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use