Give the Psychologist an easier way to acquire drugs

Piccione

Give the Psychologist's PDA a menu (similar to the Uplink) with a limited number of points with which he can acquire drugs to give to test subjects patients in needs, and can be granted more points at the CMO's discretion.

Some suggestions for buyable drugs:

• Nicotine Patches
  • Medical Marijuana Packs
  • Methamphetamine
  • Haloperidol
  • Hydrocodone
  • Ether

Edited by Piccione
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TDS said:

Can't they just...ask the chemist for them, like the rest of medbay when they need medication?

The Chemist is usually too busy making Medical Drugs to make the sort of Drugs useful for Psych (which usually don't have an actual gameplay purpose and are purely for RP).

A point could be made that instead of coding an Uplink, the Psych should simply start with more drugs in the Closet. I proposed the Menu Idea because it'd be easier for the CMO to manage, but i don't know which one is harder to code, so there's that.

Edited by Piccione

I think that Meth and Hydrocodone is a little bit too powerfull to have access from the start. Traitor psychologist with Meth and Morfine substitute at the beginning with legal reasons to have them in pockets, without need to waste TC, or any effort on the top of that is a little forward from other traitor jobs.

Nicotine Patches are available from vending machines, so you can buy it, or do some RP: Write a report that you need founds to buy it. I don't see why they wouldn't be granted.

Cigs, alcohol and tasty food are very good to start with, becouse you shouldn't stuff people with heavy drugs, becouse they have mental problems. If the patient don't react to those common and "light" stuff, then you might to write a report, that this patient needs them and they will be granted.

Besides, I think it is a good idea.

Edited by Zciwomad

5 minutes ago, Zciwomad said:

I think that Meth [...] is a little bit too powerfull to have access from the start.

The thing is, the Psychologist already starts with two pills of Meth in the pill bottle in their cabinet. But you're right in saying that either A) Getting more should have a high point cost or B) Impossible without CMO's explicit authorization.

Nicotine Patches can be bought, but buying one at a time instead of a box of them can be a bit tedious. (coincidentally, i think the Cigarette machine should sell a box of them instead of one at the time.)

Also, i didn't know that Hydrocodone had gameplay purposes, i thought pain was just an IC thing.

1 hour ago, Piccione said:

The Chemist is usually too busy making Medical Drugs to make the sort of Drugs useful for Psych (which usually don't have an actual gameplay purpose and are purely for RP).

A point could be made that instead of coding an Uplink, the Psych should simply start with more drugs in the Closet. I proposed the Menu Idea because it'd be easier for the CMO to manage, but i don't know which one is harder to code, so there's that.

The Chemist is busy the first 20 minutes of the shift. Then he has made all the medicine he could possibly need and goes to cryo because he's bored. At least most of the time.

5 hours ago, Piccione said:

Yes, just give the psychologist an actual medicine cabinet, or at the very least a pill bottle that starts full. He already lives in a closet and nobody cares he exists, at least give him more than a measly four pills to play with.

Just now, TrainTN said:

Yes, just give the psychologist an actual medicine cabinet, or at the very least a pill bottle that starts full. He already lives in a closet and nobody cares he exists, at least give him more than a measly four pills to play with.

This is one of the funniest things I have read all day. I agree though that no one cares much about his existence lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use