New Medbay

Fruerlund

I really feel that this station requires a new medbay. The problems I have with the current one is that it's too "centered" The greytide often causes mass "spam" towards medbay, and many people try to force their way in. If they get trough the first doors they have access to most of medbay and often interfere with the medical doctors.

The current medbay does not really promote the paramedic. Sometimes when I play as Medic I feel my little "shed" is on another planet.

To counter this I took the current medbay and completly changed the interior design. By keeping the same "outer" shape it's possible to just COPY/PASTE this one in and replace it. The new one I made got pretty much everything working (doors, lights, firealarms, (apcs, cameras and doors) with correct names. Except atmospherics. However I could not really be bothered because I had no way too see the central pipelines without having access to the map file.

v95FOzt.png - NEWEST

As you can see I added a Ambulance Bay at the top right. I've also seperated the lobby and where people actually get fixed to prevent this spam I feel there is. At the moment it lacks a lot of items, but those items are not part of the public code and therefor I could not add it. Moved the entrence to the right, however there's still a secondary entrence at the top.

So could this work? I'll happily add ATMOSPHERICS and PIPES myself.

Edited by Guest

-Waiting area for patients who needs surgery too small, needs lockers for their personal items.

I like the lobby, but not the 3 chem dispensers.

-Cloning should be next to genetics, genetics should be more separated with the modifiers and remade, it doesn't look that good and its too easy to hide as an antag there right now.

-CMO office is too small, and needs more of a "Cheif" feeling.

Surgery is too big and clunky, make the walk to the tables less and try to mirror the two operating area's, also needs an examination area.

-Cryo is badly optimized, the doors should be at the bottom while the canisters should be at the right side, so you don't have to walk the way around with a dying guy screaming for help.

Morgue needs to be at the top, since Robotics and detective has access to it.

-I see no advanced medical scanner anywhere, there needs to be at least one in the medbay and one in surgery, if not two in surgery

Nice nuke. Only problem I see is that there are only two cloners. Genetics has two and cloning has two on the current map.

Nope, on the current map, genetics has 2 dna modifiers and cloning has 2 cloners. By the look of it cloning has been reduced to one on the suggested map, which will increase the time people have to wait to get back into the game when the shit hits the fan.

As a geneticist that is good at their job (ie prioritizes cloning over finding every super power available) I'd have to say that it came as a pleasant relief when we got the second cloner and I wouldn't like to have to go back to one. also, cloning needs to be bigger than shown above... when you've got corpses lined up waiting to be cloned, medics getting under foot trying to to your job and security officers waiting to take dead criminals back into custody, and have to have your intent to grab so you can get people in and out of the cloners and cryo, you need the space ;)

I really fail to see why we need an entire new medbay. The "greytide" is hardly a problem and makes medbay much more interesting. Plus even with your design it would probably still happen. The current medbay looks great, works well and is very interesting during rounds.

I can see a few problems with your design.

Biggest one is size. Its layout means any wounded have a hell of a trip from the lobby, medics have to run all over the place for supplies. Everywhere is pretty much hidden from view. The old medbay is often a complete hive of scum and villainy and that's with most of it visible! Traitors would have a very easy time killing people.

The entire medbay seems very shut off and separate from the rest of the station, the complete opposite of what you want. RnD is built like that and it works quite well but for medbay it would never work.

Chemistry being connected to medical storage works well and is very interesting gameplay wise. (biggest one is using it as an airlock when chem sets itself alight) If someone asks for a medkit in the lobby they have to leave their workstation and walk some distance to the storage and back. If they want to give them the medkit directly they have to walk around the entire medbay!

Surgery suffers the opposite problem of being too visible. The glass wall down the middle makes fighting and surgery itself suffer.

CMO office's is waaay too easy to sneak into.

Biosuit storage is even more closed off then the old medbay and would probably be forgotten/a great place for antags.

I cannot fault you for the paramedic office, it looks great and very functional. If that could somehow be worked into the old medbay it would be amazing.

I think our current medbay is just fine, and the paramedic deserves to be second class citizen in terms of medbay as I have never seen a competent paramedic that understands how to stabilize in my entire career in medbay on this server.

The paramedics always seem to think their job solely consists of

1) get patient on stretcher

2) driver stretcher to medbay

3) put patient in cryo

They don't even bother to run a health analyzer over the patient to check for internal bleeding.

My general medbay

• Health Analyser en route to medbay/advanced med scanner

If critical, inaprovaline.

Straight into advanced med scanner

If internal bleeding, straight to surgery to have the bleeders clamped, even taking priority over the current operation's (they'll be stable).

If suffocation damage due to ruptured lung, high surgery priority due to suffocation damage being constantly applied

If low blood %, stick the IV in them whilst they wait.

Actual treatment (cryo/surgery/bandages/ointment/pills).

My number 1 tip for patients:

Using the IC verb Sleep to make yourself go to sleep, helps to stabilise you and helps you heal your wounds faster. This can save your life in a lot of critical cases.

The tables on surgery right now allow you to stand in the corner and have access to all tools without moving around, this is important in critical surgeries and allows you to operate faster. Surgery doesn't need a lot of space. It's also important to have a body scanner around and IV's as well.

The only changes i would do to our current medbay is add another surgery table, another body scanner in surgery, another cryo pod on the east side (the west one is barely used, in the most recent rounds sometimes it's not even preprared when I log in mid-round) and make paramedic actually part of medbay (I liked the one in your map). Maybe remove the west cryo, put paramedic in there and move that one body scanner and cryo pod to east cryo?

So I took some of ya critics and tried solving it. I've changed the medbay entrence making it possible for a patient to go straight into a acute room. One of the treatment rooms have been changed into a scanner. (ops. no scanners available in the tg build) Added medkits to the chemist area, and moved some closets around.

v95FOzt.png

I like it, tbh. Cryo placement could be better and personally I think morgue should, like bestrp,have a chute to the chapel, but yea.

Tbh I think if medbay was ever revised a page or two out of bestrp wouldn't hurt, I've always liked their medbay because it felt like an actual medbay.

I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but you *can* get the map?

https://github.com/ZomgPonies/Paradise

Thats the git for the server. Has the map file on it and everything.

I think paradise uses byondtools though, fyi. https://github.com/ZomgPonies/Paradise/ ... BYONDTools

Was not aware of this. Thank you.

Just in the sense that medbay was an actual area of the station. As it is now, it's more like a pit stop. With a larger medbay, especially with something like bestrp's Cosby Wing, it feels more like a place of work, and not everything is front in center in front of the neighboring hallways. This is a shoddy explanation but eh

Added medbay into the current map. Added working disposals system. Added chairs to lobby. APC's and areas fixed. Just need cameras, atmospherics and other things that needs to be changed.

pwb0Lhn.png

I don't know that this is any better/more efficient than our current setup, other than the larger paramedic area. What we DO need in terms of mapping, and where you are able to be much more creative is more space exploration content. You're a good mapper, I'm just not sure this is better, just different.

Are you adding a security checkpoint into medbay? It's the department with the highest traffic, and a security presence is often appreciated as opposed to tolerated.

Give the CMO the ability to close off the sec office so medbay isn't totally helpless against a Brigston early cap in Nations rounds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use