Admin Complaint: Marcelluspye

Spessmaster

Admin Key: Marcelluspye

Your Discord name (if applicable): N/A

Complaint: First of all, i'm making a ban appeal for this but am writing up a complaint here as well because I think it warrants one. Marcellus perma job banned me from security about a week ago for breaking SOP once by punching someone who was being an insufferable douchebag. When I said it was an IC issue and I'd never been bothered by admins about that sort of thing before he got mad and temp banned me, claiming I broke the IC in OOC rule even though I never specifically did. I just asked if the general situation seemed fair over OOC without anything alluding to the current round or making it sound like it had just happened. I came back online today and mistakenly asked about it in OOC again simply because I wanted other players opinions as to whether it was worth an appeal or not (already asked admins who didn't give a straight answer) Here is my message: 'OOC: CommanderKeef: so the other day I got a perma job ban from a power tripping admin for breaking SOP one time even though it's supposed to be an IC issue?'. He then proceeded to perma ban me with this reason 'You where temp banned for exactly this, I would have hoped you would have learnt from this..' Fair enough, except to my knowledge I wasn't even breaking any rules now or even when he temp banned me originally? Obviously i'm open to correction and apologize if I in fact was breaking rules, but even so I feel like this really doesn't warrant a perma ban. I know this could be read as a ban appeal but I don't know how else to write a complaint without the full context of the situation. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

P.s. For the record, i've been playing as security on this server for months now and have only ever once or twice received warnings from admins and to my knowledge it wasn't for not following SOP like in this case. I might not be remembering correctly though.

Edited by Spessmaster

Openly insulting admins in OOC is grounds for a perma ban. 

Breaking SoP and space law is not an entirely IC issue for security officers, and when you're beating prisoners and breaking space law yourself (literally, the opposite of your job), admins may intervene. "Play the role you've chosen" means, for security, you're meant to uphold space law in general, not break it yourself - just like engineers aren't meant to break parts of the station and botany isn't meant to go around killing plants.

Your attitude in PMs, here in the appeals, OOC afterwards, and in LOOC, is dreadful. Insisting the admin is only messaging you because another player is "bugging you hard to bust my balls right now" is not how you should be speaking to an admin when they ask you a very reasonable question - that is, asking why you are beating prisoners and literally doing the opposite of your job. It's up to admins to determine if an issue is IC or not, and that requires them asking questions. 

Marcellus was correct in banning you, and it is not due to "salt" or people bugging him to "bust your balls".  It's because you and your attitude towards the server, the rules, and the admins, has been atrocious. You seem to think it's ok to use "jew" as an IC insult, call people faggot, and run around being incredibly "memey" icly. You seem the kind of person who frankly should have been perma'd a long time ago.

This complaint is completely without merit, and resolved.

• Like 1