Most scrubers are not conected to atmos waste

Calecute

As Pckables noted here most scrubbers are not actually connected to atmos waste in NSS Cyberiad webmap. I went to test and couldn't find a connection, so I panic syphoned a lot of places in the non connected part of the station and checked pressure in different pipes:

5a4e95d5c3ffa_Atmosfuckup.thumb.png.e1e9dfe75081eeb36b7677596988d4e7.png

5a4e95dd5a073_Atmosfuckup2.thumb.png.4320fad6d74ede4659519c9b0b9f41f7.png

As you can see they have completely different pressure, which indicates that they are indeed not connected. 

I checked parts of the map for errors in scrubber network, and couldn't find any, I did not check thoroughly thou, but assuming it is correct these are the two different scrubber networks:

5a4e9714c8431_Scrubernetwork.thumb.png.4b89be7e604d6280fccf67b15752177a.png

I assume this is unintended, and should be fixed. Meanwhile I recommend that atmos techs connect the two networks in the point where the two are closest, the location of the printscreen in aft side of central primary hallway. The fix should be pretty easy, just connecting them in the same place, but I have 0 mapping experience. 

Edited by Calecute
Spelling

(Also note that while last time I posted something similar in here someone pointed me to the issues section of github, according to the guide lines there this kind of thing should not be posted there: "The Issues section is not a place to request features, or ask for things to be changed because you think they should be that way; The Issues section is specifically for reporting bugs in the code.")

Thank you very much for the PR Ty Omaha. Funnily when I was checking the scrubber network, the place you decided to connect them was the first place I checked. I was sure I remembered a scrubber pipe there. So I guess it really is a natural place for the connect.

I'm a little bit worried about chokepoints, with half the station coming through that pipe, but I don't really know if that would be a problem because I'm not sure I know how fluid mechanics in pipes work in the code. Anyway, all the station comes through two pipes in atmos, so I guess it will be allright. Certainly better than how it is now. I guess now that I saw this big flaw in the system I'm a bit skeptical of the rest, and wondering if any other changes are called for. I'll check the code and try to learn some mapping to see if there's any other thing that should be changed. But this is a discussion for another day, and the problem I pointed out is solved by your PR, should it be accepted.

(About the meta discussion of where this should be in, if I understood correctly the guidelines for posting in Issues, this should not be there because it is not a code bug, it is a map design problem that would fall under "things to be changed because you think they should be that way" that is explicit listed as things that do not go there.)

That seems like a decent way to hotfix the problem for the current loop, but my current PR is going to be remapping the entire network from the ground up. Hard to say when mine will get merged though since it is considerably larger scale. That being said, just finished with the the actual routing and I'm just cleaning things up at this point so it could be under a week depending on issues maintainers/reviewers have.

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/8469

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use