Allow Machine People to heal themselves

Streaky Haddock

Screw OH&S, Humans can heal themselves perfectly fine, why can't Machine People? This is particularly unfortunate given they take more brute/burn damage than any other species when exposed, and moreover can't be healed by chemicals or cloned.

It says one or the other. I have been playing one for the last two weeks. Use a health analyzer and try the welder on the injured spot. Unless Ponies updated it recently, it worked as of Friday night.

I can confirm that machine people can heal themselves. If you suffer brute damage, you must use a lit welder on the damaged part. If you get the OH and S note, it means that the limb's damage is fully repaired, same if it notes there is nothing left to fix. If you suffer burns, you must use a cable coil on the affected part until you get the same notice.

A note that depending on the severity of your wounds, you may be unable to repair the body part because it's been fucked up so badly that a few extra cables or haphazardly welding yourself back together will hardly suffice.

Machine people, for the note, are immune to and therefore cannot take damage from, Oxy (loss), Toxins, Clone, or Rad sources. Clone damage isn't to be confused with genetic defects after cloning (which CAN be done) which cannot be cured. But I digress. All limbs can be repaired with some tools provided that the limb in question isn't FUBAR.

Just played today. Machine people now cannot heal themselves. This makes no sense. A human can heal themselves.

The only reason I can see for this is maybe it's too 'easy' for a machine person to heal themselves if they can, with most damage occuring usually being brute and welders and fuel tanks fairly easy to get, you can heal up all the way. Whereas with humans there are very few publicly accessible bandages/bandaids and these run out in 5 uses.

Thanks to lack of knowledge I was attacked in the head three times in the last round I played. Then they would not listen as I explained how to fix burns with cable. I feel easy fixing comes with the downside that you take more brute damage, your limbs come off easily, and right now reassembly is impossible.

Thank you for the Admin insight. I was just curious as to why they cannot fix themselves now.

It was originally for balancing, cause right now machine people only has 2 types of damage, while everyone else has 4 or 3

I'll run this by ponies, see what he thinks about it

Thank you for the Admin insight. I was just curious as to why they cannot fix themselves now.

It was originally for balancing, cause right now machine people only has 2 types of damage, while everyone else has 4 or 3

I'll run this by ponies, see what he thinks about it

Well also Machine People's heals are instant, everyone else has to be injected and wait, or bandaged and wait, or cryo and wait.

Machine people have instant heals.

Organics also heal over time. Can be cloned, and right now part of the benefit of being a machine person is bugged, they cannot be reassembled. Clone damage is possible, I have had it from slimes and been unable to cure it. This current form makes me rely on someone knowing how to and caring enough to fix me. I keep having the issue of all roboticists being dead when I check in for repairs.

I checked the other day and obviously, MP can no longer self heal. I find this unfair. Not only is there always a roboticist to help you out, but if you are a less-reputable person (Wizard, Deathsquad, Nuke ops, other known and wanted-dead antag or something to that sort), you cannot get any healing whatsoever, while even an antag with a medkit could at least preform basic health work on themselves. As it stands, unless someone is willing to help you, you can take damage and never ever get it healed up.

I like that. I just want some way to fix damage other than trying to find the one person in five who knows how to/is willing to repair a machine person.

As a doctor, I usually send them to robotics to heal their brute/burns because I have no welders/coils. I'm sure that in medbay if you bring the doctors the tools and tell them to repair you with them they will be willing to help

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use