Slimes and Surgery

Mitchs98

Basically copy pastaing my Github report. Was told to put it on the forums...but I put it in both places.

**Problem Description**:
So, apparently I was told that slime people are supposed to be immune to surgical pain for surgery with the recent change? Or in general? I'm not sure, that's what Landerlow and a few others told me. Apparently it's a bug that they DO actually feel surgery pain and they should not. Basically just get surgery as a slime and continue to have the standard fail chance that you have for every other race while being awake during surgery.

**What did you expect to happen**: 
I expected slimes to be immune to the pain from surgery as it makes no real sense that they'd feel it in general as normal slimes do not. Apparently they were supposed to be exempt from it in general and well, it's a bug that they are not.
**What happened instead**:
Having to be dosed with a HUGE amount of painkillers/ether/morphine as a slime in order to receive surgery. Roughly 60u of ether or enough morphine to cause an addiction.

**Why is this bad/What are the consequences:**
Unneeded time in surgery, as I'm 90% sure slime people process chemicals differently leading to the issue with ether/morphine in general. And well, from what I'm told it's a bug anyway.

**Steps to reproduce the problem**:
1. Get broken anything as slime.
2. Go to surgery.
3. Get surgery without anesthetic and good luck fixing it.
4. Need to be pumped full of 60u of ether or 30u+ of morphine.
5. Get an addiction/stay asleep for 10 minutes after as most doctors don't filter it out.
6. Be bored.
**Possibly related stuff (which gamemode was it? What were you doing at the time? Was
anything else out of the ordinary happening?)**: Dunno

Does Hydrocodone don't work well with Slime surgery? I didn't test this already, but 30u of hydrocone should be more than enough to mitigate the surgery pain and let you go ahead with th procedure.

Also, using 50u of Ether and when you're done 5u of calomel should be more than enough to wake up a slime.

Same thing should be used with Voxes yaya

20 minutes ago, Vargh said:

Does Hydrocodone don't work well with Slime surgery? I didn't test this already, but 30u of hydrocone should be more than enough to mitigate the surgery pain and let you go ahead with th procedure.

Also, using 50u of Ether and when you're done 5u of calomel should be more than enough to wake up a slime.

Same thing should be used with Voxes yaya

Have fun with chemistry making Hydrocone. And Calomel for that matter.

That said, I'm 90% sure it's a bug for slimes to feel surgery pain in the first place. According to what a few others told me. I'm not putting this as a suggestion(at-least, unless it's not actually a bug), but a bug report.

There is nothing to make Slimes immune to surgery pain, and that wasn't intended, either. Species that are immune to pain have the NO_PAIN flag, but slimes aren't among them. They (should) feel pain like everyone else and thus suffer the failure chance.

21 hours ago, Streaky Haddock said:

use ether, hydrocone or - if chem is a pile of shit and theres no power - a metric fuckton of booze.

A metric fuckton of booze is lethal to slimes, though. *shrug*

But I get your point. My point however was you need 60u of ether to have time for most surgeries. And hydrocodone is rarely ever made.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use