Complaint - Marsmond

Blades

Admin Key: Marsmond

Your Discord name (if applicable): N/A

Complaint: Refused my appeal with little to no reason, decided to call me a "troll" and lock the thread before I could respond to his invalid statements. Well, I'm going to clear that up here by complaining about his assumptive behaviour, ignorance and immaturity when handling that situation.

The thread I'm referencing can be found here, To preface let's begin with Dawlatul Islam 101

Islam was founded in  7th century Arabia by the prophet Muhammad, shortly after the death of its prophet Muhammad the first Islamic State or Dawlat al Islam was founded. Known as the "Rashidun" Caliphate, it was ruled by the first four successors of Muhammad and spread as far as North Africa in its prime. This was followed by several Islamic States including the Umayyad CaliphateAbbasid CaliphateFatimid Caliphate, Ottoman Empire, Modern day Iran, Pakistan etc.. An "Islamic State" is simply a state governed by Islamic ethics, principals and laws, it is a broad term with various interpretations worldwide, as you can see dozens of Islamic States have existed throughout history and still continue to exist outside of the Islamic State proclaimed by Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi and his followers in 2014.

Now that that's cleared up, I'm going to respond to what marsmond would not allow me to respond to in the thread itself.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.e547640af8b4af3308bb58497a583069.png

"It's an "inside joke" you started by telling someone if you say that, they should respond with "takbir" - and "takbir", acording to wikipedia, equals the phrase "Allāhu akbar", which is occasionally used by griefers before bombing"

Yes, it's an inside joke and as I explained early in the thread it's purpose was to confuse people nearby, that's all. He then claims "Allahu Akbar" is a term used only by griefers after accusing me of using Islam as a slur earlier on in the thread, in my opinion, automatically associating one of the most widely used terms in the religion with terrorism and griefing is far more an insult to Islam than referencing the existence of an Islamic State. If anything, he is the one slandering the faith.

"Now, "dawlatul Islam" is very close to "dawlat al Islam", which is a propaganda song from the IS"

IS released a Nasheed titled "My Ummah, dawn has appeared" which includes the term "dawlat al islam" a few years ago, the fact that he did not know the actual title of the song, and referred to it as a "propaganda song" again shows his  ignorance on the topic and how quick he is to assume things.

"the numerous notes you did collect in just a week, and some other quotes in the logs, you seem like a troll who did want to see how far they can take it before getting permanently banned. You got your answer now."

This is, in part, true. I have collected a lot of notes over the short time I've been here but I addressed that and apologized in my initial appeal, he then accuses me of being a troll trying to see how far I can take things before getting banned. Which is just plain untrue, because from my perspective I haven't broken any rules here.

To sum it up, Marsmond banned me for essentially breaking no rules based on his ignorance of a topic, he insulted me and locked my thread before I could respond to him and also banned me ingame before I could respond to him. He insulted a religion, and me by assuming I was a troll. Whether or not I'm unbanned in the future is irrelevant, I felt Marsmond handled the situation immaturely and irresponsibly.

It appears to me marsmond handled it quite well.

Your actions were clearly of a troll. Alluh akbar is, on this server, mostly used by griefers who are suicide bombing.

Considering 99% of people acting the way you were are griefers, and your past notes, this appears to be nothing more than a continuation of your trolling by concern trolling about "insulting a religion".

I see nothing wrong with marsmonds actions. Mars handled this quite professionally, even doing some basic research instead of just dismissing you off the bat.

There was clearly not inten to go out of their to insult islam. 

Complaint appears to be without merit and a continuation of your trolling.

21 minutes ago, necaladun said:

It appears to me marsmond handled it quite well.

Your actions were clearly of a troll. Alluh akbar is, on this server, mostly used by griefers who are suicide bombing.

Except I wasn't suicide bombing, actually, I wasn't doing anything which broke any rules. Anyone can use that phrase, there is even a Qu'ran ingame for a Chaplain who would have his religion set to Islam, you're associating it with terrorism based on a real world ethnic and religious stereotype.

Considering 99% of people acting the way you were are griefers, and your past notes, this appears to be nothing more than a continuation of your trolling by concern trolling about "insulting a religion".

I see nothing wrong with marsmonds actions. Mars handled this quite professionally, even doing some basic research instead of just dismissing you off the bat.

Again you're assuming I'm a troll and not actually refuting any points I've presented here. I've addressed and apologized for my past notes. What you fail to understand here is your admin should have researched and known why he was banning someone in the first place, and shouldn't "dismiss me off the bat" because that's bad adminning, if you're going to ban someone for bringing up an "offensive" topic at least have minimal knowledge of the topic to explain why it's offensive in the first place. He didn't handle this professionally at all considering he assumed I was trolling (Like you are now) instead of giving me a chance to explain my side of the story.

There was clearly not inten to go out of their to insult islam. 

Complaint appears to be without merit and a continuation of your trolling.

He may not have went out of his way to do it, sure, but he did after accusing me of doing it. I was just pointing out his hypocrisy.

Call me a troll or whatever but it's evident to anyone that just because I'm not agreeing with your admin doesn't mean I'm trying to troll, i've explained my argument, proven I've read the rules and aplogized with sincerity. I'm not trolling, you're just refusing to take player input seriously.

Looking over your PMs with Mars, in response to the question, "Hey, what was that with you saying "The Chief Medical Officer has just declared an Islamic State in the morgue"?"

You replied, "They tried to kill me so I slandered her in response".

Now, considering that a quick googling of "DAWLATUL ISLAM" has a large amount of images of executions, ISIS flags, etc, I'm comfortable with saying on the balance of probability, your intent was teenage edgelording. If your go-to method of slandering someone is to say they declared an Islamic State, when absolutely nothing they've done has had any relation to islam, it's pretty clear what your intent is.

This is not the first nor the last time we've had teenage edgelords shouting various islamic phrases in an attempt to be edgy teenagers. We're not fooled.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, necaladun said:

Looking over your PMs with Mars, in response to the question, "Hey, what was that with you saying "The Chief Medical Officer has just declared an Islamic State in the morgue"?"

You replied, "They tried to kill me so I slandered her in response".

Now, considering that a quick googling of "DAWLATUL ISLAM" has a large amount of images of executions, ISIS flags, etc, I'm comfortable with saying on the balance of probability, your intent was teenage edgelording. If your go-to method of slandering someone is to say they declared an Islamic State, when absolutely nothing they've done has had any relation to islam, it's pretty clear what your intent is.

I can see how you would reach that misconception, but I explained that was not my intent and provided proof past a quick google search. I can understand if Mars had googled that and assumed that was what I was referring to, but he slapped a ban on me before I could explain that he had the wrong idea. 

1 minute ago, necaladun said:

This is not the first nor the last time we've had teenage edgelords shouting various islamic phrases in an attempt to be edgy teenagers. We're not fooled.

I'm sure you've had edgelords screaming "Allahu akbar" and exploding welding tanks, blowing themselves up etc. Except I didn't do that, what I did was legitimately just slander and considering the response I got over comms it worked. I have accused the HoS of pledging allegience to the syndicate before in a similar situation. 

Yeah, nah.

It's pretty clear what you were attempting to reference and what images you were attempting to invoke. Your attempts to slander the CMO was clearly not referencing one of the many Islamic states that have appeared throughout history, and was an attempt to compare them to ISIS. Same with the whole  DAWLATUL ISLAM spamming and Takbir stuff.

Instead of being honest about this, trying to claim that you're insulted and Mars insulted a religion is just, well, pathetic.

This isn't our first rodeo. 

Complaint is without merit. The ban was with merit, especially as you were given multiple chances to reply and provide the phrase found within the rules. The appeals denial was fine.

Had you just apologised for your actions and said they won't continue, I imagine the ban would have been lifted (or never occurred in the first place.)

• Salt 1

3 hours ago, necaladun said:

Yeah, nah.

It's pretty clear what you were attempting to reference and what images you were attempting to invoke. Your attempts to slander the CMO was clearly not referencing one of the many Islamic states that have appeared throughout history, and was an attempt to compare them to ISIS. Same with the whole  DAWLATUL ISLAM spamming and Takbir stuff.

Instead of being honest about this, trying to claim that you're insulted and Mars insulted a religion is just, well, pathetic.

I just told you that was not my intention, and when somebody mentions the concept of an Islamic State it does not automatically mean they are talking about ISIS. It's a thing that has existed for thousands of years, but it seems regardless of what I say you won't believe me. Mars said "Allahu Akbar" = Terrorism. So yeah, I'd consider that the most common form of Islamophobia 

3 hours ago, necaladun said:

This isn't our first rodeo. 

Complaint is without merit. The ban was with merit, especially as you were given multiple chances to reply and provide the phrase found within the rules. The appeals denial was fine.

Had you just apologised for your actions and said they won't continue, I imagine the ban would have been lifted (or never occurred in the first place.)

Translation: "You didn't agree with our admin 100% and apologize, you instead provided an argument which in turn has caused us to look bad"

• Like 1
  • Salt 2