Validhunted as Malf AI

HarakoniWarhawk

Admin Key:saywat_the_15th

Your Discord name (if applicable):HarakoniWarhawk

Complaint: Admin allowing validhunting due to the "Spirit of the rules allowing it"

On the round i just finished i was the Malf AI with the objectives to kill two civilians and survive.

At no point did i give a order or do anything to threaten the entire crew or activate a plasma flood or doomsday device.

Early on we got reports of Terror spiders so i was given a quarantine law and attempted to get my targets elliminated by Security as biohazards.

Later on the Captain attempted to purge the quarantine law so i killed them in my upload using quarantine law to justify it IC.

Around that point the QM broke into my sat through holes left by swarmers and attempted to ion me to death, i assume he was a antag but perhaps he wasnt.

Things escalate and Sec continues to attempt to breach my core but i manage to kill one in the hallway leading to my core.

The HOS and CE take a maint corridor and start taking potshots at my turrets.

It was at this point that a Hulk, spaceproof non antag geneticist broke into my core from space and proceeded to card me.

I then ahelped it and was informed that in fact i was actually valid because the spirit of the rules allowed it despite them not mentioning malf AI at all.

At no point did i activate a doomsday device or do any action to wipe out the crew other than the security and command members attempting to eliminate me on my sat.

In the end i was told that because a Borg had killed a crew member without telling me, that made me automatically valid to be killed by anyone as " The crew do not know im not trying to kill them all"

Saywat highlighted these two sections of rule 8, despite me doing neither of those.

Antagonists that seek to destroy the station itself: i Did not do that.

exterminate the whole crew: Something which the swarmers did far more of than i did.

Im making the report as i believe Saywat allowed Rule 8 to be violated based on their own interpretation of the rules rather than what the Rules actually say.

They basically told me that if im a Malf AI, then if my borgs kill a crew member and never inform me then that makes me automatically valid for everyone, which is something i disagree vehemently with.

• Like 1

Greetings.

For the purpose of this Complaint, I would again point towards this particularly section of Server Rules, Rule 8: Validhunting:

Antagonists that seek to destroy the station itself (Blob, Nuclear Operatives or Swarmers), or exterminate the whole crew (Xenomorphs or Wizards) are exempt from this Rule. However, players in jobs such as Medical, or Cargo, are expected to do those jobs if they are better suited to help the station;

Admittedly, yes, a Malfunctioning AI is not listed explicitly as an example. However, it clearly falls into both categories. Whether or not you had attempted to activate Code Delta, you still possessed the ability to effectively reduce the station to molten scrap with the flick of a button. As it was back when Malfunctioning AI was a gamemode in and of itself, this makes you a priority target for everyone on the station.

As such, not only does the spirit of the Rules allow for a Malfunctioning AI to be targeted by anyone on the station, the letter of the Rules permits this as well. Having been present during the original PM Exchange, and now analyzing the facts, Saywat has done nothing wrong. Complaint is, therefore, without merit.

Malfunctioning AI will be added to the examples listed to prevent further confusion.

10 minutes ago, TullyBBurnalot said:

you still possessed the ability to effectively reduce the station to molten scrap with the flick of a button.

When atmos setups the valves at round start to meta prevent me from flooding plasma i cant.

I had no ability to activate a doomsday nor did i have free borgs or any way to release the tesla, thats all my station destroying options nullified.

A geneticist massively powergamed with the sole intention of ruining my round while Sec was handling it.

If i had a round ending ability i would have used it, But i did not, either through not enough time or a desire to not be permabanned because im on thin ice already.

I was told the last time i appealed my perma ban that if i broke the rules again it would be a long time if ever that i would get i repealed.

Telling me that the spirit of the Rules allows stuff seems like its borderline condescending.

I cant afford to base my actions on the spirit of the Rules, because they are up for interpretation. i have to follow them as they are shown or i risk getting perma banned with no chance to appeal.

Please don't assume i automatically know what the spirit of each rule is, i don't and i feel like im being mocked when staff say  i should know something because the spirit of the Rules allows it.

I accept your decision.

I think ill take a break from Paradise, at least until the Rules are updated to show the full rule, rather than just the written half.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use