Increase the Amount of Vaccine Produced

Streaky Haddock

Because even if you can technically make a vaccine sample last forever by constantly diluting it, 90% of people don't realise this, and viruses spread across the station regularly pretty much unopposed.

We wont make the game easier because of ignorant people.

What do we look like, Blizzard?

Streaky, the best and fastest way to make a vaccine of sufficient quantities is to inject yourself and another medical doctor and then just use yourselves as blood bags. As your blood has the vaccine, anyone else injected with your blood gets the cure. In order not to pass out from blood loss I would suggest drawing blood from cured patients as you go.

I have cured dreaded shit viruses this way before and it seems to work well. Just scream over the radio that you have a cure and they will come.

You can also go to chemistry, put 5u of vaccine in a large beaker, fill the rest in water/sugar/whatever, put it in the ChemMaster and make 50 pills. BAM, 50 pills of vaccine.

Bonus points if use a pneumatical cannon for express distribution of the medicine.

Streaky, the best and fastest way to make a vaccine of sufficient quantities is to inject yourself and another medical doctor and then just use yourselves as blood bags. As your blood has the vaccine, anyone else injected with your blood gets the cure. In order not to pass out from blood loss I would suggest drawing blood from cured patients as you go.

I have cured dreaded shit viruses this way before and it seems to work well. Just scream over the radio that you have a cure and they will come.

Dude don't do this unless you are somehow with a crew of O+ type infected or everyone's going to die of toxin damage from blood rejection.

Depends. Honestly, a lot of people make their blood O+/- for simplicity's sake when it comes to blood transfusions but it would just be some good foresight to make your bloodtype O- if you're going as anything in medbay for this exact reason.

The toxin damage is pretty minor, and you can add anti-toxin to it if you really want to get rid of it.

I've seen plenty diseases eradicated pretty quickly - generally few people notice or remember them.

And thats not counting the diseases eradicated via laser fire...

You can isolate more antibodies from one patient, virologists should keep the corpses of the monkeys they test on, as a massive bank of antibody blood to isolate the antibodies from.

Either that or take blood from a vaccinated player, and then extract a vial of antibodies from the blood to redistribute.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use