Make wizard rounds be "raging mages"

DaKittaX

Pretty much what the title says.

Wizard rounds are extremely rare currently, having witnessed only one in the past 3 days of personal playtime, and I played quite alot these days. Even if wizard happens, It's only one person, and the chances of them being unexperienced is pretty high, thus ending the round really fast since wizards are rare and only one person from the usually 100~ that are on is selected, it's hard to practice without a personal server.

This would hopefully be a better experience for people to try the wizard antag,  as in my entire playtime I've had it enabled ALWAYS, and just gotten it once.

Being many wizards, some spells like lich, or slaughter demons should be disabled, as 4-5 wizards can be pretty powerful.

Opinions, thoughts, anything is appreciated!

Edited by DaKittaX
  • Like 1

Wizards would be better as mid-round antags, as raging mages is very destructive - reason for it is only being admin callable.

Well, the point I'm trying to make here is to give some love to the wizards, currently they're so rare they look like an abandoned gamemode, and when it happens it can be anyone from the dozens of players playing, ending the round really easily. I know they are pretty powerful, but maybe giving each wizard a set of predefined spells, so they have to cooperate in some way.

It is a gamemode that very few people know how to play properly without dying the first 15 minutes, the gamemode itself being rare doesn't help it's case at all.

Ah, and maybe give the crew some time to prepare before the wizard attack, just like war ops, but the wizards automatically alerting the crew of their intent to attack the cyberiad.

It would be very good, since every solo wizard round is very unbalanced, unless you're a lich because you're giving the crew the challenge to find your stone, BUT, every wizard that isn't a lich get's killed solid fast.

Also, lichs get killed fast any time, so if they weren't a lich..

Either solo wizards should get 15-20  spell points instead.

Or ragin mages gets implemented as every wiz round.

I can agree this is fine.

And also, alot of people can get to experience new stuff, and joy it. 

Not everyone gets wizard, i like this idea.

Edited by bigfatbananacyclops

Remove following and I agree: Horse Mask, Clunwe, anything with transformation (or justr emove the lesser UNFUN forms like Ian and that cause thats literally a worse ghost mode to be honest, not even sure if you can suicide out of those.). Those spells ruin rounds for the peron being hit by them. I much rather take a disintegrate over ANY of those spells. Raging is literally unwinable by the crew and from what I have experienced people use shitler tier spells (the 3 listed above) quite often. 

Edited by EldritchSigma

55 minutes ago, DaKittaX said:

It is a gamemode that very few people know how to play properly without dying the first 15 minutes, the gamemode itself being rare doesn't help it's case at all.

This is a big part of why wizard rounds are so short. People try to just murderbone as a wizard with no real plan or more importantly, escape route.

If anything I'd like to see apprentice, demons, etc, lowered in cost/encouraged more to make it have more people/not end so quickly/etc. One of my most memorable wizards rounds I was an apprentice with 2 other apprentices both with mindswap. Hilarity ensured.

Ragin' Mages is just slaughter and destruction with no hope for the crew at all. Wizard is...usually a nerd in a silly hat being beaten to death in a corridor. There needs to be a better in between.

• Like 1

My main goal with this suggestion is to give the players a chance of experiencing wizards, not in the receiving end, for once. admin bused raging mages take people from the ghost pool, so you would have to die to become on. Spawning 4 or 5 wizards with limited spells and gear, and giving the crew the possibilty to prepare for their attack would give more people the chance to be a wizard, while not being straight OP

As far as I'm aware, Lich wizards lose if they die and don't have an apprentice... I've been alive and the round has ended because I died before. Not sure if this has been resolved, this happened a very long time ago.

I don't particularly like demons, and I think they're incentivised enough by being just horrific to deal with...

Edited by Biabri

On 8.8.2017 at 5:36 PM, necaladun said:

This is a big part of why wizard rounds are so short. People try to just murderbone as a wizard with no real plan or more importantly, escape route.

If anything I'd like to see apprentice, demons, etc, lowered in cost/encouraged more to make it have more people/not end so quickly/etc. One of my most memorable wizards rounds I was an apprentice with 2 other apprentices both with mindswap. Hilarity ensured.

Ragin' Mages is just slaughter and destruction with no hope for the crew at all. Wizard is...usually a nerd in a silly hat being beaten to death in a corridor. There needs to be a better in between.

All of my yes. Make the demons cheaper to use. In general people should be encouraged to use the items that get people involved with the rounds. Staff of Animation + Stoneform should be one kit for instance. Maybe a few more shards in the soulstone belt. Anything that stops people using disintegrate/clunwe/transmutation only.

Edited by EldritchSigma
  • Like 1

I totally support this thread. Wizards are supposed to be chaotic rounds and from my experience every wizard round accept for the ones where the wizard(s) are friendly with the crew end very fast. I'm not even overexaggerating when I say EVERY.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use