Admin Complaint: LightFire53

Balthusdire

Admin Key: LightFire53, Jayfeather, Fethas

Your Discord name (if applicable): Balthusdire

Complaint: This complaint is not about specific admins and more about the practice of giving the crew gamma armory during round start of war-ops. The 3 admins named were the admins online at the time. 

A round just finished, at 04:30 GMT, 07/08/17. This round was a nuke ops round where I was the team leader. We ended up going war ops. Raspoutine came to the syndie base and offered us a gift if we went war ops, which was an assault pod targeting device. A little while after the crew was given gamma armory to defend.  Gamma armory is what I want to strenuously object to. I have played on both sides of war ops when the crew has been given gamma and I detest it regardless. Gamma armory is exceptionally powerful, with weapons like the sniper rifle, rocket launcher, and ready-to-ride Durand, giving over gamma to the crew during war-ops defeats the purpose of war-ops and destroys the balance of the round. The crew having significant forewarning and almost always being given many MANY weapons (through cargo usually) to fight with is relatively balanced with the additional crystals the nuke team gets. I would in fact argue it is slightly weighted towards the crew simply due to weight of numbers, but I dont have an issue with that. Gamma simply doesn't give the nukies a fighting chance. Explosive weapons like the rocket launcher are devastating, ignoring double eswords or eshields and stunning nuke ops where they will usually be beaten to death. The mechs or borgs nukies can bring are already very vulnerable due to the ion on the station, adding another with gamma significantly increases the crews ability to kill these things. The mech that gamma brings, while also vulnerable to ion/emp has less issues due to the fact that nukies can not carry everything they want. The ion gun nukies are given is bulky and hard to store, it is much harder for a 5 man team to carry it than it is for the 80 man crew to have dedicated ion marksman. Unless the nukies are given even more gifts to offset gamma, it will only serve to prevent war ops from ever winning. A 30 tc assault pod target-er simply does not equate all the weapons in gamma.

I am not specifically trying to complain about LightFire, Jay, and Fethas, I just don't want to see this practice done anymore because it breaks the round. Like giving out nuke codes when a blob gets big, it punishes the antag player for trying something or for doing well. Gamma armory should be saved for points when the crew is in severe danger, has taken casualties or damage, and has no way to defend themselves, not as a gun shop.

• Like 1

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay, as when writing this up the first time there was a goddamned blackout half way through. Then other stuff happened. Won't bore you with the details.

I've talked to the three present, and they all talked about it before agreeing to deploy it - apologies are offered for how it all turned out. Between the assault pod and two borgs,  there was worry it'd be 20+ minutes of set up and all over in a few minutes resulting in an unsatisfying curbstomp battle. The assault pod is a very powerful item, worth 30TC, and getting it for free means you have a lot of bonus firepower.

Murphy's law kicked in it appears with the assault pod doors and some guns being blocked in cargo walls, which was compounded ofc by the gamma armoury. Being caught in a tight environment like that with a durand on you is a deathtrap. Delaying deployment of it also allowed more time for the crew to arm up and prepare. 

Gamma is not deployed as a standard for war ops, and in this case was done as part of a "high stakes" kinda of deal - more supplies for both sides than usual. This was tipped in the stations favour with a full armoury, but was not impossible odds. Stacked against you for sure, however. Everyone seems to be agreed that a full gamma armoury is kinda a bargain for a drop pod in exchange. 

This isn't something that's standard with nukeops, but admins do sometimes up the stakes or offer special conditions, such as freedom ops, or special items in exchange for TC, or challenges such as doing it with capes and no backpacks. They won't always get the prices exactly fair, but the goal is to make it more unique and interesting. When it's the 3rd to 5th nuke op round the servers seen that day, it can sometimes do to spice it up. 

As this complaint isn't generally about them as you said, no action will be taken there, but this has spawned a fair bit of discussion between admins about use of gamma and the balance of war ops, and this isn't likely something to be repeated - although there were other ideas about exactly what would be a fair trade for the crew getting gamma, as said before, don't expect that to be a common occurrence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use