Contraband Suggestion

Lurapa

Hello All,

This is a stealth-paperwork- traitor suggestion. We already have a Chameleon Stamp; why not add in its rightful sibling... 

I present to you the Chameleon Pen! Noobly-worded, and such...

64c2f272b8.png

It will open up a lot of stealth-options. Combo'd with a agent ID; stamp, jumpsuit... it'll make for some interesting rounds.

The biggest downfall of the chameleon stamp is that it cant mimic signatures. I like it, I would even go as far as to say that one is near useless without the other and you could get away with putting them in the same purchase. The only problem is this addition will cause powergamers to just straight up ask the person even if you have paperwork to catch you

Edit: I would definitely use a stealth build based around doing stuff with paperwork if this was a thing sounds fun just causing chaos with fake paperwork

Edited by SkeletalElite
  • Like 1

I have used the Chameleon Stamp w/ a fax - and Agent Card (Captain's ID cloned).

To fake a execution order on my target, and they were executed shortly after. I even went as far as to tell them, 'This is absolute. There is no negotation' so they didn't reply to Central's fake FAX and get corrected by a logistic's officer.

I used that agent card, voice changers, and stamp to fake Central Command Orders and disguised myself as the Logistics Officer that sent the FAX. Walked into the bridge w/ full access (due to previously cloning the captain's ID) and used my own person as a reply to all their grievances about the bullshit FAX.

I prefer the paperwork-fake approach as a Traitor. I find it a lot more fun, and it has worked 100% of the time thus far. Sadly, I boarded the Nanotransen shuttle back to Central Command's base of operations, and attempted to sneak in and kill the Nanotransen Representatives that were there on an audit. - but, Major Burk checked who I was, and detained me to be questions by Bob the Butcher. It was the most RP and fun I've had thus far, admins played along with my under-cover act as they were the Nanotransen Inspectors, but wouldn't IC know about a Logistics Officer, it was only when I went back and got examined by the higher-higher-higher ups, was when I got found out.

Eitherway, Chameleon Pen... please.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lurapa said:

I have used the Chameleon Stamp w/ a fax - and Agent Card (Captain's ID cloned).

To fake a execution order on my target, and they were executed shortly after. I even went as far as to tell them, 'This is absolute. There is no negotation' so they didn't reply to Central's fake FAX and get corrected by a logistic's officer.

I used that agent card, voice changers, and stamp to fake Central Command Orders and disguised myself as the Logistics Officer that sent the FAX. Walked into the bridge w/ full access (due to previously cloning the captain's ID) and used my own person as a reply to all their grievances about the bullshit FAX.

I prefer the paperwork-fake approach as a Traitor. I find it a lot more fun, and it has worked 100% of the time thus far. Sadly, I boarded the Nanotransen shuttle back to Central Command's base of operations, and attempted to sneak in and kill the Nanotransen Representatives that were there on an audit. - but, Major Burk checked who I was, and detained me to be questions by Bob the Butcher. It was the most RP and fun I've had thus far, admins played along with my under-cover act as they were the Nanotransen Inspectors, but wouldn't IC know about a Logistics Officer, it was only when I went back and got examined by the higher-higher-higher ups, was when I got found out.

That sounds like it was a lot of fun! wow! Love how Central RP'd with you at the end that's just awesome.

On 7/18/2017 at 6:06 AM, Lurapa said:

Wow. Just wow.

I did something similar but didn't have the balls to waltz onto the bridge to participate... oh and the admins weren't in on the joke for my thing. They killed the server because they thought the crew was self-antagging en masse.  Why, you ask?  Well, the story ends with a canister bomb destroying a death squad as they arrive...  the story begins with this letter...

Edited by alexpkeaton
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2017 at 4:59 AM, SkeletalElite said:

The biggest downfall of the chameleon stamp is that it cant mimic signatures. I like it, I would even go as far as to say that one is near useless without the other and you could get away with putting them in the same purchase. The only problem is this addition will cause powergamers to just straight up ask the person even if you have paperwork to catch you

Edit: I would definitely use a stealth build based around doing stuff with paperwork if this was a thing sounds fun just causing chaos with fake paperwork

I find it weird but I've looked at the rules and "Powergaming" is not a rule. This suggestion is an alright idea I'm kinda neutral don't really care if it's added or not. 

Powergaming according to other server rules is when you do something outside of your job/specialization such as performing surgery or using medkits and analyzers while engineer and all that.

Powergaming on other RP games outside of SS13 refers to like force RPing such as forcing actions upon another person.

1 hour ago, Buford said:

I find it weird but I've looked at the rules and "Powergaming" is not a rule. This suggestion is an alright idea I'm kinda neutral don't really care if it's added or not. 

Powergaming according to other server rules is when you do something outside of your job/specialization such as performing surgery or using medkits and analyzers while engineer and all that.

Powergaming on other RP games outside of SS13 refers to like force RPing such as forcing actions upon another person.

Powergaming is basically "playing to win". SS13 is supposed to be a game you immerse yourself in and roleplay everything out. There are some people, however, that always have a strategy, prepare for any encounter, splint every limb in their body to prevent bone-breakage, always carry stuns/slips/etc. It's not against the rules per say, but it's definitely frowned upon.

In SkeletalElite's scenario, he's saying that since stamps and signatures can now both be forged, a powergamer would use that knowledge deem it "not enough proof".

Edited by Valkyrie

6 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Powergaming is basically "playing to win". SS13 is supposed to be a game you immerse yourself in and roleplay everything out. There are some people, however, that always have a strategy, prepare for any encounter, splint every limb in their body to prevent bone-breakage, always carry stuns/slips/etc. It's not against the rules per say, but it's definitely frowned upon.

That sounds so funny lol. Splinting every limb in there body. I better start with this book to get the most out of this type of strategy.

On further note they should really make it so your slowed when you are splinted if that's the case.

powergaming.png

Edited by Buford
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use