Started playing SS13, enjoy it but have a small issue.

Buford

Well basically it all started when I was working as a bartender.

Some guy working a medical job went up to the bar stool and said "I'm going to kill you Buford" shot a syringe gun at me. So I ran to the medbay lobby and he was chasing me. Once I was there we got into a small scuffle and ran away. He came back and I smashed a bottle over his head and lit him on fire, somehow I got set on fire as well and we both got into it until beating the tar out of each other until we got hit with a baton by security. We died got cloned, he was the one that got cloned first he went and grabbed his stuff and had it all. (After I died I got questioned by an admin "Why did you hit him?" Well like he started it and I was the one that got questioned?

I got cloned in second I asked where my stuff was, people ignored me. Then I went to the place where my old body was ofc he was there because he was medical staff I walked in and he locked me in and walked away no sign of my body or any of my items.

Later on after walking aimlessly for several minutes he comes up to me again and says "He dummy, someone has your ID and is sabagoging your bar."

I go to my bar and there is a guy with my ID with almost every bottle dispensed lying on the bar counter and he was randomly throwing bottles at people and doing damage until he got killed by the people he was throwing the bottles at.

I asked for admin assistance.. Nothing happened they just said "And what's the main problem?" or something along those lines.

In all fairness the first person who tried to kill me it could have been an RP thing not sure. But like the second guy behind the bar with my ID randomly throwing bottles at people and causing them harm should have been tbh. It was a well thought out grief.

However I have no evidence of any of this so disregard any of it I'm getting to a point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So a little later in the morning I was a doctor and someone had some pretty bad burn wounds. I told him to hold still and he called me a "Cunt" pushed me down and ran I chased him down and hit him with my crowbar but didn't kill him. I gave him a warning and said "You gunna be good now" or somethingg along those lines and walked away. I got a trial admin that then responded to him. He gave me a marked warning. So I expressed my opinion and didn't even insult him BAM banned for two hours. Also around 10 seconds before I got banned the same guy went up to me and hit me 3 times before I got banned. Proof here.

http://prntscr.com/fuajdi

http://prntscr.com/fuang7

http://prntscr.com/fuanum

http://prntscr.com/fuao2h

http://prntscr.com/fuaob9

On this screenshot I said to him "PM to-Saul Argon: Shit I've been griefed the fuck out of these past 2 days and I call an admin and nothing happens. I guess it;s just who you suck and who you blow and how much time you spend on the server." which is not an insult but to be fair to the admin I'm not sure if he get's the term "Who you suck and who you blow" it refers to who you have connections with and who you just blow off due to the person being disliked or a nobody.

http://prntscr.com/fuap79

http://prntscr.com/fuapea

http://prntscr.com/fuapma

Keep in mind that was his response and I don't consider what was done to my character before light, what I did to that guy was light and should have been handled IC.

http://prntscr.com/fuaqqf

In this screenshot the same guy that called me a cunt pushed me and walked away came back to hit me a few times again (I don't even know how he found me) then afterwords I get banned. My question is why didn't the admin ban me for "Admin disrespect" before this happened he had plenty of time.

http://prntscr.com/fuarg1

My ban reason in this screenshot.

I'm going to start being active in this community as I do enjoy playing SS13 and most of the time invested was on your guys server it's pretty great though I'm still new.

I'm not too familiar with the community so I'm going to make a guess (Not trying to insult your staff capabilities or the community which is why it's just a guess)

I might be wrong but I've come to a minor conclusion that the regulars of the server get leniency from the admins or even favoritism which I find very sad tbh. Please correct me if I'm wrong though I've only been playing for a little over 10 hours on your server probably around like 2 hours on others.

I just don't find it right.

On last note let me make a clear definition of certain terms as well.

There is a difference between an insult and an opinion, an insult is something directed at a person directly either ignorantly or personally. 

Ignorantly would be like "Oh your a piece of shit, fuck you, your a horrible person (Mix between an opinion and an insult" personally would be like your fat or you suck at talking to girls etc.

An opinion is a view or judgement formed about something without it being concrete fact.

However it could have been a disrespectful opinion on a community which I would find valid but I wasn't intending to I even explained to him that I was a bit frustrated.

Edited by Buford

Also I would like to refer to a recent unban request posted by someone.

http://prntscr.com/fub72h

Basically he was attacked 4 times with a broken bottle.. Admin in this unban request said he should have used ahelp. Well according to this admin that banned me the majority of little incidents like this should be handled in context.

it's very contradicting.

Also the difference was yes the dude deserved to get banned. However the guy that minged me while I was trying to heal him was baiting me for a ban by being a minge.

Also me and the original poster of that screenshot aren't friends I'm just using it for reference.

Edited by Buford

Oh my bad also to prove that I wasn't cutting screenshots in my favor here is a screenshot of the middle of the last two screenshots.

https://prnt.sc/fubcre

Sorry for triple posting I just thought it'd be important considering you guys don't allow editing after a certain time period also when I said " I got a trial admin that then responded to him." I meant I got a trial admin that then responded to ME.

Please follow the admin complaint format, including who you are complaining against and your discord key if applicable.

Edited by Ansari

1 minute ago, Ansari said:

Please follow the admin complaint format, including who you are complaining against and your discord key if applicable.

Admin Key: N/A Got banned before I could click on the name to find out. 

However I re-read the screenshots it was a compilation of 3 admins tbh.  

Saul Argon

The one that gave me the warning and the majority of the messages.

Anticept

The one that made the statement that contradicted what I showed you guys in the unban request appeals.

Saulargon:

The one that initiated the ban but didn't say anything (Honestly he was probably one of the higher ups that validated it and I could see how what I said was offending so yea but it wasn't intentional)

Discord Key: Buford Prescot#5168

Hello! and thank you for making a complaint. As you know I was the admin who issued this ban, as per procedure I will express my viewpoint in this scenario.

1 hour ago, Buford said:

So a little later in the morning I was a doctor and someone had some pretty bad burn wounds. I told him to hold still and he called me a "Cunt" pushed me down and ran I chased him down and hit him with my crowbar but didn't kill him. I gave him a warning and said "You gunna be good now" or somethingg along those lines and walked away. I got a trial admin that then responded to him. He gave me a marked warning. So I expressed my opinion and didn't even insult him BAM banned for two hours. Also around 10 seconds before I got banned the same guy went up to me and hit me 3 times before I got banned. Proof here.

In this situation my logs stated that you had hit this person a number of times, incurring a fair amount of damage. I issued a warning based on your lack/minimal amount of notes and felt that was enough. You then proceeded to send me this message I quote, "Shit I've been griefed the fuck out of these past 2 days and I call an admin and nothing happens. I guess it's just who you suck and who you blow and how much time you spend on the server". At this point, I felt that you were annoyed at the fact your record was tarnished and needed some time off from the server to cool down. I then issued a two hour, or one shift ban to you. To facilitate that. And I stand by this decision.

Thank you, and have a good day.

Hey there

I will be reviewing this complaint in about 12 or so hours when I wake up and get things settled, but as a general overview without going logdiving, I can say this.

I'd permaban you and forced you to make an appeal, easily.

The fact that you've not received a response on earlier adminhelps is a problem on its own that I apologise for, we can't always respond to everything and sometimes things slip through the cracks, if you feel that you've been unfairly treated by a player and you want to file a report we have a specific sub-forum just for that.

Giving an admin this kind of shit because you're mad is exactly why'd you need a timeout, GunDOS has done nothing to you with malicious intent, and approached you in a calm manner, you responded with hostilities and an attitude that is extremely hard to work with, thus you were forced to take some time to rethink your strategy.

I am not handling this complaint, just providing information.

My reply was taken out of context. It was in reply to your complaint about grief and how we treat it. Generally, we don't police things severely until it crosses the self antag boundaries. Hitting people to the point of breaking bones is at that point, and then we get involved.

Greytiding, while distasteful sometimes, does mask some of the antag activities and keeps security busy.

in addition, we do miss ahelps when workload is high.

That is all I have to say.

Edited by Anticept

I'm satisfied at hearing things out from the other end. The two hour ban was fair, please lock this and disregard.

I can understand the viewpoint of the staff involved to them it was petty but to me it was like I've only asked admins to review certain situations 3 times in a little over 10 hours gameplay 1 of them was legit, the 2nd one was uh big but questionable the admins must of gotten busy so I never gotten a response so I just kinda shrugged it off, and the third time I got griefed was hardcore and like nothing was done to either of them I don't even think they got a registered warning so when I did that small act in retaliation and got an official warning it kinda upset me.

It wasn't the official warning that made me complain it was the fact that something was done over something so minor when nothing was done when I got hardcore griefed.

I'm pretty satisfied though please lock and disregard this thread

Also I'm looking at things at this thread and everything was handled legit and I should consider myself fortunate.

60-120 minutes (1 Hour - Full Round):

Applied for cases of continued vitriolic behavior in chat, usually to the point where it begins to bother other players, especially if an Admin had already warned the player to calm down, or as an exceptional “time-out” option. Do note, that continued escalation will lead to harsher punishment.

-----

Situations warranting an instant Permaban:

Insulting an Administrator, or the Server Staff as a whole;

YEA LOL, umm... I think I'll take the two hour ban very sorry everyone.

Edited by Buford

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use