Metastation 2.0

Purpose2

I've now fixed 60-ish separate issue reports on Metastation, and fixed/tweaked loads more.

I've improved the brig by:

• Adding two more cells, bringing the total up to 5
  • Adding a processing area.
  • Add the gamma armory
  • Improves the common area / kitchen
  • Improves the brig doc's office

I've now completely torn out Medbay and redid it from scratch. I recommend opening both of these and tabbing back and forth ;)

Old Medbay

New Medbay

The idea and things added:

• Retain the externally 'mirror'ed elements of Medbay and Science (lobby in the same place, etc)
  • Add additional routes into Medbay
  • Nuke surgery from orbit and start over
  • Shrink CMO office and give up some of the valuable real estate space
  • Add a Paramedic's office
  • Give the Coroner direct access to cloning, so he can manage cloning when he has no bodies to deal with.

-----

So where does that leave us?

Well, we can't keep calling Metastation Metastation. We call Boxstation the NSS Cyberiad, so lets give Metastation a proper name. Lets break a metaphorical bottle of champagne across its bow and christen it. (you can vote for as many or as few as you like)

VOTE HERE

-----

Other comments and thoughts appreciated here. If you like, or dislike what you see, popping by the Github thread is also appreciated: https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/7435

Edited by Purpose2
  • Like 1

Medbay looks MUCH better. Glad the brig has an official processing area now. Good stuff.

When are we testing it? Also, is the goal of Metastation to just have an alternate map that is selected by the admins before round start or are we eventually going to have some system where the map randomizes?

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ZN23X said:

When are we testing it?

Thats a question for the maintainers / Alffd. But i'd love to have one soon, so any issues that arrise I can fix them sooner rather than later... but the speed of which things move through Github is slower than many would like.

Also, is the goal of Metastation to just have an alternate map that is selected by the admins before round start or are we eventually going to have some system where the map randomizes?

In an ideal world where we had 3 maps or so, at round-end (maybe when the shuttle departs the station) it calls a vote similar to the round-end shuttle call vote.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use