ERT Roles/ERT Leadership

Mark9013100

If it is not currently possible to jobban players from ERT in general, it should be implemented. Just last night the ERT commander stunned me with a stun baton, stole my ID, and walked away. When I asked him to give it back, he said it "wasn't my ID" despite it having my name and correct occupation on it, and claimed that I said I was the CE(I had literally said "I'm not the CE" and told him where he could be found a few minutes before). When I finally nabbed my ID from him but still needed to explain to security what happened, he claimed to the entire security force that I was the criminal and he confiscated my ID because it had "all-access", which was obviously a lie.

In fact, the crew pretty much agreed that the entire ERT, called to help find and exterminate the known changeling threat, was fairly useless and caused more harm than good. Honestly ERT should be white-listed or even a cheap purchase in the karma shop.

A few overhauls are on the drawing board for ERT.

Jobbans from ERT are possible.

As a karma role - it'd mean fewer ERT.

An idea i've had is to make parts of ERT karma locked.

Standard - Free

Medical - 5

Engineer - 5

Security - 10

Leader - 15

Or something along those lines.

What's a " Secutrity ERT " ?

An ERT member that has access to the weaponry on the ERT station?

What about the leader, does he have access to weaponry?

Also, "Standard ERT" does have access to medical/engineering gear at the moment. If you make Medical/Engineer ERT separate from " Standard ERT ", the Standard ERT becomes pointless has it can't do anything...

Actually, I agree with the ERT Karma Job Class. but make it like this:

When spawning as ERT people are given a choice to spawn as what type of ERT they want, everyone has access to Standard. People with unlocked ERT Classes gain more choices. Doors are only accessible by ERT Members designated in that room. Standard Gear is outside the ERT Class Rooms and is readily accessible or spawned-in with. Increase ERT Limit as a small ERT Group really needs more people since server pop reaches 70 - 90 people.

Standard ERT [FREE] - Blue Armor Set (There should be no more ERT Leaders)

Access: Standard Revolver/Taser Gun (Recharge-able), Flashbang Boxes, Optical Meson or Sunglass, SWAT Gloves, Magboots, Security Belt, Stunbaton, A Set of Handcuffs per member.

Medical ERT [5 Karma Points] - White Armor Set

Access: All the Medical ERT Stuff and Spawns inside the ERT Medical Room.

Engineer ERT [10 Karma Points] - Yellow Armor Set

Access: Insulated Gloves, Jetpack, Full Toolbelt (with Omnitool inside and Cable Coils, Analyzers are just... too useless), Metal, Plasteel, Glass, Reinforced Glass. Spawns inside the ERT Engineering Room.

Security ERT [15 Karma Points] - Red Armor Set

Access: Tear Gas, Grenade Launcher, Advanced Laser Guns, Laser Cannon, Taser Gun, Stunbaton, Full Security(Flash, Flashbang x2, Pepperspray, Handcuffs x2, Hailer), SWAT Gloves, Magboots, Tear Gas Boxes x2, Handcuff Boxes x2, L6 Saw and L6 Drums x2, MP4 or that Semi-auto gun and its magazine x2, Combat Knives (Really need to be implemented). Spawns inside the Security ERT Room.

Mech-Pilot ERT [20-30 Karma Points] - Green Armor Set

Access: All the Mechs in ERT and spawns inside the ERT Mech Room. The Mechs are only accessible by ERT Members with the Mech-Pilot Access (Might make another class/job for this to work)

Removing leaders would be a very bad idea, it would just a mess of people doing random crap, no one really working together.

That's exactly what happens anyway in my experience.

Sometimes you get a good leader who yells at you, but 99% of the time ERT members just wander off in the random direction of whatever the emergency is or right to cargo to order weapons, very rarely is there any actual coordination.

Idiots won't listen to you regardless of whether or not they have a blue suit on. They're idiots.

The blue suit will have little effect on the internal operations of an ERT team. The blue suit, i believe, is for the benefit of external parties like the station crew.

Leadership being karma appointed would make me much happier to hand over station control to the ERT Leader - which technically they do have.

Mech pilots I don't like the idea of, unless we drastically changed which mechs were available, as the current ones are...very powerful.

I like Caryl's gear list there and it's basically what I was thinking.

If the ERT engies and medical had some new mechs it would be pretty cool. Also make their job a bit more useful.

The shuttle should be expanded with a small medbay and cargo area that contains a few scrubbers, pumps, oxy cylinders and emergency floodlights.

Janitor borg should also be an available job.

Yeah, karma-required ERT would stem ERT retardedness. Mech pilot ERT would also be useful, but either using a weak combat mech (Gygax?) or a civilian mech (Odysseus or Firefighter ripley) should be done.

It'd be nice if Mech Pilots could start with Firefighter Ripley or an Odysseus.

Fire mechs are too slow, there would have to be a new type made for ERTs, a reskin of the Odysseus would be cool too.

EDIT: one major problem with ERT teams is their response times. Either they take their time and arrive too late or leave vital gear behind. There are a few ways this can be improved:

•units should spawn with internals, full armor, magboots, combination sec/medi hud and insulated gloves.

•flashbangs and other items should not just be in boxes. Have a few loose.

•most larger objects that need to hauled around should spawn on the shuttle.

•you should be able to create an ERT member in the lobby. (Limit hairstyles to just the buzzcut, they are a quasi-military unit anyway)

•belts should spawn with a few items. (mainly sec belts)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use