Fix syndicate soft suits on non-humans

Jared12100

Pretty simple request: as of right now the black and red space suit (and all its color variants) do not have updated sprites for non human player models. Oddly, we have sprites for other species in the syndicate hard suits, just not the soft suits.

Making the sprites is mind-numbingly boring. I doubt you'll find a person willing to do the whole lot without being paid for it.

That said, if you do, I'd be willing to help you add it to the codebase.

Yeah, you would need to sprite at least 6 or 5 species, depending on whether diona can use the suit, and maybe 3 more for skrell, kidan and drask, at least the helmet part. So let's say you would have the work of 7 species overall. Now you need to sprite every color for theese 7 "species", which will be mostly copy-pasta and recolouring, once you made one of theese softsuits fit the species. Not that fun, but sure would be nice to have fitting suits. If someone would take on the challenge, they could at least resprite the black standart one, as this would be the one that's the most common, the recolouring can be done later. The captains spacesuit would also need a respriting for the species, only vox have a special sprite for it as far as i know.

I may give it a shot if no one else ends up doing it. Been playing around with some ss13 spriting while at work anyway. Mind-numbingly boring spriting is slightly less mind numbing than sitting at a desk, watching cameras. No promises though. 

Threw something together for the Kidan, to give an idea of what I'm playing with. Is something like this what you were looking for?

Quu7tqM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Driker said:

Threw something together for the Kidan, to give an idea of what I'm playing with. Is something like this what you were looking for?

Quu7tqM.png

It looks a little odd seeing the red soft suit for one species, but I like it. My only two semi-complaints are that it drastically changes how the helmet looks, changing it from a single large black visor to two, still big, but smaller green lenses and makes the suit way less bulky. I do think though that since the red softsuit hasn't really changed since when I started playing 5 years ago, it might be time to give them the same treatment as the blood red hardsuits.

nuwRs1V.png

Here's some front views of the different sprites for soft suits for all the races. I tried to make the sprites based on body mass, eye placement and extra limbs and pieces. How do you guys feel about these? Anything that looks like it needs changing?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Driker said:

Spoiler

nuwRs1V.png

Here's some front views of the different sprites for soft suits for all the races. I tried to make the sprites based on body mass, eye placement and extra limbs and pieces. How do you guys feel about these? Anything that looks like it needs changing?

I think they look great and I really enjoy the extra mile with slime and IPC suits. My only thought is did you also see if the IPC sprite matches up with the other IPC parts like Bishop, Hephiastos, Xion, ect. I also think the IPC visor looks a bit too boxy, but that is because I use a non standard head, although it is amazing for the toaster heads. If anything, this just makes me want more, keep up the great work.

Alright!

I believe I'm finally done with these. If these look alright to everyone, I'll go ahead and send Flattest the full size file. 

r8wKNrq.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Driker said:

Alright!

I believe I'm finally done with these. If these look alright to everyone, I'll go ahead and send Flattest the full size file. 

Spoiler

r8wKNrq.png

I hold my thought that the IPC visor is just a tiny bit too boxy, mostly on the side view, if only because it doesn't look like it is really wrapping around the helmet in the side views, but I think they all look great.

Edited by shazbot194

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use