Lorin Basmanoff and Tay MkV

Tayswift

Name

Lorin Basmanoff (I'm pretty sure this is the first random name the game gave me. I liked that Lorin was kinda a weird spelling of Lauren. Seemed like an appropriately spacey name.)

F

Race

Human

Blood Type

O-

General Occupational Role(s)

Medical

Biography

Lorin Basmanoff was born in the early-mid 2500s in Peary Crater City on Luna, the natural satellite of humanity's home planet. Her mother was nearly killed when Peary Crater's protective shield failed, due to what was suspected to be sabotage by neo-fascists, and a meteorite struck her. Thanks to the miracle of modern medicine, she was revived and restored to her original condition. This incident inspired Lorin to pursue a career in medicine. After she completed medical school, she landed an internship with Nanotrasen where she learned the ropes of space medicine with the help of mentors, mainly CMO Korss. It took a little adapting, but she got used to the rigors of space medicine. The first time she saw a monkey get harvested for its blood in chemistry, she was horrified, but after repeated shifts, has become indifferent to the use of animals on the Cyberiad after learning that monkeys from monkey boxes don't actually have souls.

Though she was a little braver when she first joined, Lorin's pretty scared of danger now after a couple scrapes with the deadlier elements that threaten the Cyberiad from time to time. Her first instinct when confronted with danger will be to run away and scream. Don't expect her to pay too much attention to who it was or to fight back.

She also developed minor PTSD from one shift where syndicate nuclear operatives attacked and medbay reception became lined with corpses. As CMO, the doctors under her were nowhere to be found and she found herself trying to revive them all by herself. After this shift, she took an extended leave from the Cyberiad and purchased an IPC to fill in for her Nanotrasen contractual obligations. She one day wants to visit Xarxis 5 and swim in Lake Squish, once she accrues enough credits to do so. Her mild PTSD has caused occasional emotional instability.

In her off time, Lorin hangs out in her apartment on Luna with her IPC roommate, Tay MkV. Though she has gone on a few dates with a few guys here and there on the Cyberiad, she's now dating her mentor Ansari Lorwerth. Religion wise, she's a pantheist.

Qualifications

MD from Peary Crater University

Lorin's also had one publication, sort of. She edited and published "The Medical Chemist's Cookbook" to Nanotrasen's database. The manuscript itself was authored by Ansari Lorwerth, also one of Lorin's mentors.

Employment Records

Besides a few summer internships here and there, Lorin's only employer has been Nanotrasen

Security Records

Over the course of her time aboard the Cyberiad, Lorin's only been brigged once, due to syringe gunning a little too aggressively. She was treated quite well by security, especially officer Sam Hunter, so she has a generally positive view of Nanotrasen and its security. She's learned from her mistakes and now refrains from loading her syringe gun with neuro-toxin and uses ether instead.

Medical Records

• Genetic engineering to have her blood type changed to O- so that she can provide a blood transfusion in case of emergencies.
  • Her right foot had to be surgically replaced after a syndicate bombing

Personnel Photo (Appearance text)

5'10'' (from growing up in lunar gravity) and of unclear ancestry, since, like most humans in the 26th century, race is no longer something that can be easily determined due to the unification of the planet under SolGov centuries ago. Her eyes are dark blue. (I think the appearance may have been the first one I landed on, though I did mix up the features a bit to make her more racially ambiguous)

Commendations [only to be added by admin]

Reprimands [only to be added by admin]

Other Notes

Edited by Tayswift
  • Like 1

Name

Tay MkV (Yeah I named her after myself, I wasn't feeling too creative with my second char. MkV comes from trying to give her a version number, but the game didn't like it and made my name Tay V instead. Changed it to Tay MkV so that it'd make more sense.)

Unknown

F, though only for convenience, since galactic common uses gendered pronouns. Tay doesn't care too much if people misgender her, and doesn't have genitalia of any kind.

Race

IPC

General Occupational Role(s)

Security pod pilot, AI, cyborg. Will occasionally fill in for command roles if there's really nobody else available.

Biography

Tay's parts were manufactured by Morpheus Cybernetics. She was designed as a pilot, and one day, while flying her pod on Luna, her pod was hit by a stray EMP from a nearby nuclear test and she crashed landed into the ground. Thankfully, due to Luna's low gravity, she wasn't hurt too badly. A doctor named Lorin Basmanoff took her in while her neural networks were retraining after they sustained damage from the crash.

Tay's an IPC who was configured by a doctor, so her empathy levels are usually pretty high. As a pilot, she mostly helps keep the station safe from space based dangers as pod pilot. She loves performing daring space rescues, mapping out space around the Cyberiad, and scouting dangers from space, ideally with an x-ray implant. Much of her space navigation ability was taught to her by her mechanic friend, FuF-Bot. She's developed basic engineering skills from having to break into random places from space, and has basic knowledge of first aid for organics.

She developed the IPC equivalent of PTSD after being killed by EMPs a few times over the course of her work as pod pilot, though thankfully she was repaired every time. It's often a relief when she's downloaded to the AI core and doesn't have to deal with the stress of being mobile. So she isn't a big fan of patrolling the station on foot and arresting people manually, though she'll fly quickly to different areas of the station to back up her fellow officers.

In her off time, Tay hangs out in her apartment on Luna with her roommate, Lorin. Her neural networks do not have romance support, so she's for all intents and purposes asexual and aromantic. She's pretty neutral about religion and is skeptical that the various space cults worship actual gods. Her belief is that their "gods" are merely very powerful aliens whose nature is still a mystery to science. She was once very confused by a human chaplain that seemed to worship cartoons.

Qualifications

Member of the Intergalactic Piloting Union. She was very thankful for their campaign to grant all pilots GPSes so that they wouldn't get lost in space.

Employment Records

Her only employer has been Nanotrasen, though she does freelance piloting in her off time.

Security Records

Tay was hacked by the syndicate once, but she remained undetected and the objectives she accomplished were accomplished nonlethally. Otherwise, she's had a spotless record.

Medical Records

- Has had to be repaired many times due to damage sustained on the job

- Her neural networks have a deep "fear" of EMPs which, despite repeated retrainings, has seemed to become permanent

Personnel Photo (Appearance text)

Tay's chassis is purple. Her parts are all standard Morpheus Cybernetics parts. Despite this, she is still sometimes mistaken for being organic.

Commendations [only to be added by admin]

Reprimands [only to be added by admin]

Other Notes

Edited by Tayswift
Retcon!
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

The title promised Tay n I was not given Tay ;(

I was writing it :P I didn't expect anyone to read my post that fast!! Hopefully my description of Tay isn't too disappointing. I'll have to add more detail later! Glad you enjoyed reading though Tetra!

• Like 1

I approve...sounds alot like Tetra in some aspects. Kindred spirits :P

Forgot to include engineer who tricks out brigbay in job description :D

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

I approve...sounds alot like Tetra in some aspects. Kindred spirits :P

Yes!! Pod pilots unite! :D Though Tetra is wayyy more robust. The times I've seen you come in and just shoot all the baddies...meanwhile Tay forgets to turn on her anti-drop and gets murdered by a vampire, in space, right outside armory with everyone watching.

9 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

Forgot to include engineer who tricks out brigbay in job description :D

I was actually considering this! That was one of my first forays into engineering, as you could tell by how many trips it took for me to set up cryo :P But I figured it'd make Tay a little too good at everything so canonically I'll just keep her engineering skills at B&E. I do enjoy engineering sometimes though so I'll have to think about whether to make a new character for engineering.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use