Android race

Dark lord derpy

So hear me out here, a race of semi-free artificial intelligences available at character select.

Lore: Droids are advanced neural networks, originally invented in the mid 21st century but were far too large and expensive to become what they are today. droids are created using a combination of complex data seeds and brainscans taken from humans. Unlike robots, droids must learn skills and such rather than be programmed, in this way they are more similer to humans than robots. Droids can mentally reproduce as well, hybridizing the data seeds

Psychology: Droids personalities display a large variety but in general, they are more human than AIs and Borgs, but behave differently than humans, droids can have all human emotions, but some of them have some emotions such as lust removed because it has no use for them. younger droids tend to be more emotional than older droids. In general, droids are pacifistic and will be uncomfortable in violent situations.

Bodies: the most common droid model in the modern day is grown rather than constructed, it is a synthetic biological organism. droids display a variety of different head styles and like humans select hair, they can change the head they use.

This is just the basics so far, Ill try to draw up some sprites and Ill get in-game differences later.

+Resistance to pressure damage

+resistance to oxygen depravation

+Immune to disease

+resistant against toxin

+radio implanted

+PDA implanted

+bleed less than humans

-slightly slower than humans

-EMPs hurt...very badly

-weak to heat damage, because sensitive components

-many medicines have no effect

-cannot use genetics

Thats the problem, I really don´t

They did this in magica as well, and IMO it didnt work out too well, it just ended up with a lot of "robes" you could use that would make you essentially overpowered if used correctly.

+Immune to Oxygen Deprivation

+Immune to Disease

+Doesn't get Toxin damage from sources that normally would damage it(Its reserved for Ion shots only)

+Doesn't Bleed

+Can be revived by Emergency Restart Modules

+Hand attacks cause little Toxins or Burn damage

+/-Passes trough other Androids as he's made of Nanites.

-Can only be repaired with Nanopaste(And is damaged by Welders)

-Has an limited energy reserve(Starts with an 15000 Battery tough,unlike cyborgs) that can be Fixed with an common Cyborg Recharger

-Reaching an human Critical thersold constantly gives Brute Damage and makes energy drop twice as fast,along with an obvious effect of leaking out energy(like on Emagged doors and when changing the RCD mode)

-Weak to Pressuse

-Not changed by Virology,Genetics,Chemistry,and even Xenobiology milacre buffs,and has limited compabillity to Cyborg equipment,and no compabillity to Exosuit equipment.

-Takes Ion/Toxins(Either coding an new Ion damage type for every Robot or making Ion the only way to let him take Toxins damage) from Ion Rifles and EMP Grenades,the damage starts going up from there since the Drones go mad at the robot itself.Can only be fixed with an Emergency Restart Module.

Now,there will be an slight need to the background as fixing him with Welders is impossible,Possibly by making it just an Swarm of Nanites(or partially so).

Why is this balanced,and why does it make sense?

Disease,Toxins and Oxygen deprivation would be the biggest enemies of an Android,and it woun't make sense to repair them using Nanopaste to heal Oxygen damage,neither does them taking oxygen damage.However,it makes sense that robots build partially of Narnites(tiny little robots) to be weak to being crushed from all directions,and it doesn't make the robot immune to being spaced either.

Being put on Critical puts more pressuse on the robot tough,as its up to him to find someone to fix it,as he won't be just lying around waiting to be fixed and instead will have to rush to Robotics,medbay can do nothing to help him.

Melee attacks do Burn and/or Toxins damage as his Nanites are switched to an Aggresive function,and due to how small they are they have no other functions(Thus the need for nanopaste to heal himself).

Limited energy reserves because duh.

Also,i'd like to note that im jamming too many abillities and disabillities on him already and im not an Programmer,but i'd imagine this will be an enourmous code full of bugs and such.Im gonna try to tone it down an little actually.

Edited by Guest

Needs more refinement.

-Extremely vulnerable to EMP, ion rifles, and electrocution.

-IF implemented, will be a karma reward unlock only because still OPed compared to other races.

-IF implemented, will be a karma reward unlock only because still OPed compared to other races.

HOLD IT.

While i'll revise the Cyborg again(It was meant to be like that to being with i presume,i didn't think that i'd have forgotten that) i still have an problem with this last part.

So you mean you will need to go around begging for Karma so i can Unlock OP things?I know its meant to encourage better gameplay but having an ACTUAL ADVANTAGE over other players is getting off the rails.

Nonono that's not how I intend it at all. However Karma is pretty much the only unit of measurement right now of someone's ability to RP properly. I'd rather give access to more complex races to those people because there's less chance of them trying to munchkin/powergame it. Also, the fact that it's unlockable will mean that there will be way less overall on the station.

But my intent is to still balance it as much as possible, no super-races or ridiculous job unlocks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use