Admin Complaint - Heroo

Chaznoodles

Admin Key: Heroo.

Your Discord name (if applicable): Chaznoodles.

Complaint: Improper investigation, lack of professional attitude, inability to listen. 10/04, 15:00GMT.

I started the round as the HoS, managed to turn my department into a well-oiled machine that was happy to work together. We find a vampire and deal with him. We are alerted to a pair of broken zipties in the gateway, a possible sign of a vampire sucking blood. I ask the Gateway Explorers to come to the Brig for testing, which they do, they get tested with no result, I thank them and send them on their way. We also manage to take down another two vampires shortly after this, with a third, Sturm, escaping capture. At this point, spiders also begin to infest the station, so we're caught up in dealing with that. Whilst I'm saving my detective after he got heavily injured by a spider, the Captain announces for me to come to the Bridge. I finish treating my detective and head on over. This is where the real problem starts.

I head onto the Bridge, the Captain tells me to hand over my ID for demotion. I ask why, he said he held a vote among the heads for my demotion. This is an instant warning flag, as I was not present to defend myself, thereby making it a one-sided story. I refuse, asking the Captain what crime I have committed and what part of the SOP I breached. He is unable to answer, so orders the cyborg on the Bridge to arrest me so I can be demoted. The cyborg is PALADIN-lawed, so I explain to it I have done nothing wrong. At this point, I also detail the situation to the Security team over the Security radio, they have no clue why I'm being demoted. The Captain orders the cyborg to arrest me, it refuses as I've done nothing wrong, telling the Captain to "do it himself". The Captain proceeds to call a newly-arrived officer onto the Bridge, who has no clue about the situation, and orders them to arrest me. They do so as they have no clue about the whole situation, the Captain drags me to the HoP Office, strips me and demotes me.

I adminhelp at this point.

The Captain tosses me out and draws his baton to hit me with. I promptly push him over, take the baton, hit him with it, cuff him with his own cuffs. I take his headset, ID and backpack, put them on, and walk off, leaving him in the corridor. I head back to the Brig to continue organising the Security force, as they have become ineffective in dealing with the vampires aboard. I walk into my office, put the bag in my locker and take a security backpack out. The Warden arrives and asks me what's going on, I detail the situation. He agrees with me, saying it's idiotic. The officer from earlier arrives and opens my door. The officer tries to tase me but Araneus is in the way. Araneus proceeds to go berserk and starts attacking the Warden. I move to assist the Warden, but the officer tases me and cuffs me, completely ignoring the Warden fighting the giant spider.

I adminhelp again at this point.

I get dragged to the bridge again, charged with mutiny - nonapplicable - and sentenced to the Permabrig. I get thrown into the Permabrig without a headset nor a trial. The Warden gives me a plush fox and apologises for how I'm being treated, and walks off. I spend a few minutes sitting in the cell.

I finally get a reply from Heroo.

He states that this is fine. I proceed to detail the circumstances, the lack of SOP breaches, and the lack of any crimes committed. He dances around the point, trying to state different things I did wrong, which I refute:

1. "You were told to arrest the CE and botanist as they could be vampires, so you weren't following orders." We went to Engineering to check the CE, they were an IPC so couldn't be a vampire. The botanist was nowhere to be found. We left Engineering and came back shortly after when the CE screamed for help, caught a vampire and terminated it.

2. "You were unwilling to follow orders." I asked which orders. He stated the above one, which I responded with the same answer to. He could not provide any other examples so accused me of this again and breezed over it.

3. "Everyone wanted you out of the HoS position" - The Captain privately messaged all the heads to get me demoted without giving me the chance to defend myself or my actions. My security force wanted me to remain in my position. The cyborgs refused to arrest me because I had done nothing worth arresting.

More points beside this happen, but I am unable to pull logs. He proceeds to repeat this mantra in circles until finally threatening me with 1. Listen to the admin. I state that I have been listening to him, but he hasn't been listening to me, obvious from his dodging my questions. He proceeds to mute me from adminhelps. He proceeds to leave the round.

Over the course of the round, I had been nothing but polite and professional, but was accused by the staff member of being upset and told to read SOP. I feel like his ignorant attitude over the course of the adminhelps was unprofessional, and his unwillingness to fully investigate took me out of the round. The Captain's behaviour was enough to remove a player from the round without ever giving reasoning, and this was never dealt with.

• Like 4

After a discussion with the Heads of Staff and Heroo, the following was agreed upon:

1) Considering the circumstances of what happened, the IC events are seen as, even at best, an awful series of miscommunications;

2) The main point of contention is the manner in which Heroo handled this situation;

3) Heroo's tone and attitude was, in fact, very confrontational and unnecessarily accusatory;

4) Heroo has since been talked to and given a warning regarding the way they approached this situation. They wish to extend their apologies for how the player was treated, and has since issued a promise to reconsider the way they attempt to defuse charged situations in the future

Should the OP have anything else to bring up, please do so.

• Like 2