Admin Complaint, zomgponies

Anoonki

Admin Key:zomgponies

Your Discord name (if applicable): Toaster-Squish

Complaint: For context, a raging mages round happened, I was the AI, I was NT Default. I had killed a wizard or two with doormunches and such, protecting the crew and all, and as raging mages rounds do, the wizards got out of hand and killed all of security. 

An ERT gets called, said ERT walks around and doesn't achieve anything (outside of the Lieutenant getting wizarded and losing his gun) for a fair while, wizmans are still uncontested.

So I point out (on command comms) "If the ERT doesn't start effectively responding to these wizard reports, I'll call the shuttle.", which is in line with the first law (one of the wizards is blowing everything up with fireballs and rod-forming the place) and the third (the guy that stole the ERT leader's gun is still just killing people), as the ERT continues to not get anywhere regarding stopping the wizards (additionally, saying very little over comms), I call the shuttle. 

Captain recalls the shuttle and announces something about ERTs and SOP.

I point out that I'm the AI and care not for soap, and call it again.

Ponies then drops BSA on my core, and announces "oh hey guys we saw your AI was rogue so we BSA'd it, love centcomm" and recalls the shuttle.(Paraphrasing, but I lost the actual log for it, and this has the same meaning.)

Edit: Found a screenshot of the CC update.

dreamseeker_2017-04-08_18-51-29.png

dreamseeker_2017-04-08_18-47-12.png

Edited by Anoonki

1. You call shuttle, Captain recalls it and sends an announcement saying SoP says that only ERT are authorized to call it at this point.

2. You send an announcement saying: "I don't give a shit about Captain or SoP. I'm calling the shuttle anyways." and call the shuttle again.

At this point you are breaking your law 2, to obey the orders of the crew, which precedes your argument that you are protecting the crew which is law 3.

You are also acting like a supercop AI which was never allowed on the server, except under very specific lawsets. AIs are subservient to command, otherwise they are malfunctioning.

Centcom terminates your employment since you are malfunctioning.

Edited by ZomgPonies

I'm curious as to what the definition of "Supercop" is if deciding "The crew needs to leave" is AI supercopping.

Also, you seem to have missed part of my post, Ponyguy, allow me to quote it. 

27 minutes ago, Anoonki said:

which is in line with the first law (one of the wizards is blowing everything up with fireballs and rod-forming the place) 

The line of reasoning was "The sooner the crew is gone, the sooner Centcomm can send a real asset to fix this mess. And as it stands, the crew is in *no position* to attempt to do so on their own. The longer they are here, the longer the station is getting busted up." 

Both security and the ERT were no longer effective in stopping the wizard. (Security was majority casualties, ERT was getting picked off.)

Edited by Anoonki
Added a bit more information.

Still not your call to make as AI when there is most of a full active ERT team and a Captain alive. Supercop means you ignored a direct order from the Captain, and ignored the authority of the ERT sent directly from Centcom. That's about the definitation of a rogue AI, no matter if your intentions were pure.

Just now, ZomgPonies said:

ignored the authority of the ERT sent directly from Centcom.

Does the ERT actually have any authority as far as the AI should be concerned? All the wording includes "Crew" versus "NanoTrasen/Centcom personnel"

And just to be clear, because I'm uncertain.

I was following my laws, but because it's "Still not your call" as AI, admin intervention happened? Because if that's the case, I'd like to request the "Deal with it IC" response people get given be boxed up and disposed of, because it is painfully subjective what IC matters get it, and what IC matters result in explosions.

The admin intervention happened because by breaking SoP and telling off the Captain, he was about to go down there and deactivate you himself, which would have led to you personally unbalancing the rest of the round for OOC rulebreaking. This was a simpler way to handle it and stop you from derailing what what left of the round. If you want the ability to decide when the shuttle gets called, play Captain next time not AI. The only reason you weren't BOINKED and have it handled as OOC rulebreaking was because it made more sense to keep the round going organically. You still ahelped about it and an OOC explanation was given.

19 hours ago, ZomgPonies said:

If you want the ability to decide when the shuttle gets called, play Captain next time not AI.

That is a really not helpful comment.

And I wish to clarify, this thread or this post's intent is to open the situation to peer review, and perhaps offer a better way to resolve this kind of situation in the future. Not start a forum dumpsterfire, Shit on Ponies, or anything like that, despite what a few of the people on the discord seemed to be believing.

Perhaps handle this a little more delicately in the future? It would have been resolved by simply going: Admin PM to mob: Athena "Hey, knock it off", then after clarifying why that is, posting a CC update along the lines of "There was a malfunction in your AI, but we fixed it. Good luck, Cyberiad" or something to that effect. The Bluespace artillery's always an option you can just hold in your back pocket for if an AI continues to be an ass, after all.

• Like 3

Actually we've had a hour-long discussion of the situation on staff Discord and decided we needed to clarify Wiki, Rules, SoP and such for the AI. It's on our short-term to-do list, so something positive did come out of this situation.

And I agree, the reaction was a bit harsh. Your way of handling it would've likely been just as effective. Apologies for that.

• Like 1