Slight cooldown on demon Blood Crawl

Anticept

I do believe demons should be powerful. I very much agree with this. However, bloodcrawling into a group then leaving almost immediately after a couple smacks is a tad overkill, leaving little risk to the demon. I'd love to see a 5 or 10 second reactivation delay.

Edited by Anticept

Due to the playstyle of slaughter demons as hit and run entities, It makes sense that they could pop up, do some damage and leave again. I feel like if they need a nerf, it should probably be a cooldown after returning to their blood pool of choice with a reduction for bringing a body with. This punishes failure to kill in a much harsher way and would feel more rewarding for the crew. After all, the demon is supposed to wreak havoc and be hard to kill, but only if it gets its meal.

1 hour ago, IK3I said:

Due to the playstyle of slaughter demons as hit and run entities, It makes sense that they could pop up, do some damage and leave again. I feel like if they need a nerf, it should probably be a cooldown after returning to their blood pool of choice with a reduction for bringing a body with. This punishes failure to kill in a much harsher way and would feel more rewarding for the crew. After all, the demon is supposed to wreak havoc and be hard to kill, but only if it gets its meal.

If I'm understanding correctly, more or less the inverse of the suggestion then? Have a limiter on them returning rather than them leaving?

Either way I wouldn't mind seeing either implementation, and I also wouldn't mind the removal of bleeding or vomiting underneath machines/computers.

Honestly removing bleeding underneath machines in and of itself would be a pretty damn good nerf to slaughter demons.

I'm not sure I've ever seen blood under a machine/computer, with exception of mountable machines such as photocopiers and operating tables. It is a bit unfair to get killed by something that you pretty much have to guess at though.

Removing blood from under machines would probably be far more snowflakey and ultimately inefficient from a usage standpoint as checks whenever someone bleeds vs checks whenever bloodcrawl is used has a pretty clear winner. As for the checks, they would simply check if the atom the demon tries to enter contains a machine or computer (may require a utility function depending on how much crap got snowflaked into/ isn't included in those types.

Sdemons rely entirely on hit-run blood crawling, they're very easy to shotgun to death otherwise and are they're easily stopped in their tracks with some space cleaner or an airlock anyway

The blood under computers though that could do with going, nothing more annoying than an entire room being off limits because of uncleanable gibs.

Edited by Doukan
computes

14 minutes ago, Sothangel said:

People bleed under the cryotubes all the time and it never, ever gets cleaned. This is what Shadey refers to.

Under the sleepers, too. Shouldn't be that hard, as long as our current BYOND spooky script supports the demarcation of tiles based upon what's on top of them...

Basically blood you can't see and can't be cleaned with anything other than soap.

8 hours ago, Shadeykins said:

Under the sleepers, too. Shouldn't be that hard, as long as our current BYOND spooky script supports the demarcation of tiles based upon what's on top of them...

It's actually a really straightforward check, tiles are called atoms, and you just need to check the contents of said atom for whatever you're testing for. ezpz.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use