More foam force Mk2

shazbot194

Do you want foam force riot guns added to the server?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As suggested here, I am polling to see if people would want this or not.

Originally asked about here, I made some recolored of the foam force and donksoft weapons to try and have them fit in with the security force as an alternative to tasers. I am hoping to add these as a crate that can be ordered from cargo and have one gun, a spare magazine, and a box or two of spare darts, or have them be bulk buy like how security rifles are now. With the new poll I can see what everyone wants and hopefully be able to make this more appealing.

In order, Foam force blue, NT blue, Syndi Red, Safety Orange, Code Green Green

7Zgm7rR.png

• Like 1

While I think it's conceptually interesting to do this, this is expanding the ballistics available to security. Given the nature of SS13 is "crew has energy guns, antags have ballistics", this kinda works against that.

This isn't just for thematic reasons. Ballistics have several large advantages over energy guns--namely EMP immunity and spammability. An officer with one of these can carry around dozens upon dozens upon dozens of rounds on him, completely invalidating the need to ever go back/restock/recharge. In the vast majority of instance, ballistics are superior to energy guns.

The few ballistics that are available to the crew are already generally highly problematic, especially when it comes to antag balance; I can't really see these being any different.

While I do think balance should be a primary concern, I think riot foam is more balanced/weaker then other options. For one thing, they carry the weakness of both tasers and disablers. They cannot shoot through windows like tasers and deal stamina damage like disablers. They also have a unique weakness in that if you do go rambo and leave darts everywhere, its very easy to pick the darts up in empty foam dart boxes and load them into something like a toy tommy gun, arming the crew with stun guns through carelessness.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use