Change Upsizing/Downsizing Method

Shadeykins

Presently this mechanic uses the standard upsizing/downsizing mechanic (generally referred to as best quality) which blends pixels together when an image is up/downsized in an attempt to preserve appearance without causing undue aliasing.

My suggestion is basically for someone to code a filter that makes use of "nearest neighbour" principles so that things get upsized/downsized while preserving their pixel density/not blending pixels. This will eliminate stand-offish blurriness associated with upsized images and downsized images within SS13, thereby preserving the characteristic style of SS13 and making things generally not look so damn awful when they're scaled up/down.

I will upload an example later when I'm not stuck in uni, to give a visual demonstration of the differences between the two (for those unfamiliar with texturing/photo editing).

Edited by Shadeykins

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use