Admins handling there own bans

Daniel Huren

Admin Key: N/a

Your Discord name (if applicable):Daniel Huren

Complaint:

So this is a simple problem i have and i don't know if its prevalent or not. I don't think if someone appeals a ban that an admin has placed that the admin directly involved should handle the appeal. Regardless of the subject of the appeal i do however understand if the appeal is something like a guy asking "Hey I wanna be unbanned." followed by a bunch of shitpositing. Then that is acceptable, feel free to close the appeal but when a person makes an actual appeal isn't the point of the appeal system for the person in question to apologize for breaking the rules or contest an unfair ban and get another admin to review the ban.

Admins arent allowed to influence their own complaints.

Admins are allowed and encouraged to do their own appeals. Its why we have the "banned by" prefixes and we even have an unwritten rule that if a ban appeal is made for the first 24 hours. The appeal is not to be taken by other admins.

Appeals are not something personal and the banning admin will always have the most information on what happened.

We don't have an actual rule against admins handling their own appeals, but it's a general gentlemans rule to ask for another admin to at least take a look at an appeal before denying it, as to avoid bias.

i only brought it up cause i feel like if the appeal is about a ban someone feels is unwarranted i feel like it would be detrimental to the people involved. my reasoning for this is based on a comment another admin made to me "of course you feel the ban is unfair if you did not think what you did is wrong" but wouldn't that logic go both ways especially in a case were the person in question is in a grey area. i don't mean this just in my case ether i just felt it should be pointed out due to the nature of some bans, if you guys feel im wrong about this then feel free to correct me i love to play on this server and you guys have bin very understanding with me and some of my less than appropriate behavior when i choose to greytide

at the very least i feel there should be a policy for admins to have another admin close the ban if its denied or even approved so that the person involved knows more than one admin was involved in the decision

Yep, we're discussing how to approach it, to either make it official policy or at least have some form of procedure on it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use