ID Cards and Space Law/SOP

davidchan

Presently, there is nothing in either Space Law or SOP requiring ID badges to be worn or displayed. This is particularly infuriating in cases where people are wearing masks or helmets that obscure their identity. This seems like an oversight, as at the very least in Code Blue or Code Red situations every member of the crew should be expected to properly identify themselves, particularly if challenged by security and/or command staff.

I agree with you that in Code Red, players should probably be expected to properly identify themselves...

It would be a neat feature, but at the same time.. not...

I`m neutral. (Good Suggestion)

General Crew:

All personnel are required to maximize their Suit Sensors;

All personnel are to remain inside their Departments for the duration of Code Red, unless specifically requested by Security and/or Command;

Visitors to the station (anyone with Civilian-level access) are to remain inside the Bar, Library or Dormitories for the duration of Code Red;

Personnel are to follow the instructions of Security staff, so long as they are within the bounds of Space Law and are not acting against the general well-being of the station and its crew. Failure to do so may lead to their arrest for Creating a Workplace Hazard

It could ostensibly be covered under Code Red Standard Operating Procedure, but I wouldn't mind seeing something specific.

IMO not having an ID card, or record in the case of those who can prove it may have been stolen, should be reason enough for an arrest until the HoP/Captain can sort out what to do with someone who apparently isn't an NT contracted worker on the NT station. Code Blue an above ID cards should be mandatory if wearing a mask or face covering and failing to display your ID card in a code red situation should be reason enough for an arrest.

Given how broad EOC can be and the extreme punishments for it, there isn't much of an excuse for NT employees to hide their ID.

• 1 month later...

I get tazed on sight a lot for having my ID in my PDA on blue alert.

Should really be something about it being compulsory to identify yourself on red but it's a bit of a non issue, if sec can't see your face 9/10 times you'll get a golden bolt chasing you anyway,

• Like 1

There's no issue with not wearing your ID.

But if you pop up as unknown and the code level is green, 10/10 times I'll search you if I'm playing security.

And if you're not immediately dropping your bag within 5 seconds of being asked, most sec officers taze you anyways.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use