Remove/Nerf the Priority Shuttle

Spartan

We've all seen it happen.

Something happens on the station, enough for things to go bad. It's early round, Alert's probably at blue. It's time to go. Captain hits the button for the emergency shuttle. Then you hear this.

[Command] Joe Bloggs says, "Recall it! Swipe for Red!"

Now, frankly, this functionality is silly. For one, once you hit the button labelled 'Emergency Shuttle', it's already an emergency. You're already calling for the evacuation of one of NanoTransens largest assets. They would send the largest and fastest shuttle at the drop of a hat, regardless of the SoP abiding blinky light on the firealarms.

Another argument is that Red Alert lets them prepare to send an evacuation shuttle from NT. Well, I would believe that, if not immediately after you declare Red Alert, you can call the shuttle and it takes five minutes. 'Priority' shuttle makes entirely no damn sense. They're already a priority, unless NT is evacuating all their stations now and then.

So, a few options.

#1: Remove the Priority shuttle and have it take 10 minutes, whatever the alert level. This makes the most sense, due to the fact that emergency shuttles are already an emergency, and I'm sure not in high demand for NT in such a small timeframe.

#2: Make the emergency shuttle tick down to 5 minutes... over five minutes. To explain this better, if you call Red Alert and immediately call, it'll take ten minutes. If you wait three minutes and then call, it'll take seven minutes, capping at five. I could then buy the whole 'Priority' shuttle waiting closer to the station, just in case, while also stopping the cheese Red Alert shuttle.

#3: Have a timer before you can call the shuttle after Red Alert. Same as 2, but instead, you have to wait 5-10 minutes before you can call the 5 minute chuckle shuttle.

Any thoughts?

A requirement to call an ERT before getting the 5 minute speedy shuttle with it otherwise taking something like 15 would be nice.

Most of the time happen, like the bar getting bombed/the brig gets overrun with greytide and comdomand just up and leave, really needs to be an enticement to at least try and fix things before buggering off to CC.

I like the idea of the timer being reduced only after calling for ERT. Or if Code Gamma is authorized, though in my experience Gamma will only be called for things that can't be evac'd from, like Blurb or Fukken Xenos, and only if they're utterly dunking on the station. Quarantine is a hell of a thing.

As I know ERT and shuttle exclude each other - you either call shuttle and escape or call for ERT and fight the threat.

This is forced by admins, not mechanically forced.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 30 min forced delay on shuttle calls if an ERT is called in though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use