Chaplain Poll 2/?

Monstrant

Should Chaplain have spells/divine incantations?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello, me is back again. There will be more.Why? "Chaplain is just a religious person not a wizard" well in real life they are. This is a game in space where you have wizards eldritch horros and Chaos gods. Surely there is space for chaplain to cast some spells? Ultimately it comes down to whether chaplain is RP or mixed and I believe there is both space and reason for chaplain to be the 2nd option. If someone can cast spells and freeze people why chaplain is worse? An example would be adding ressurection lets say with 600 second cooldown or blessing which minorly increases speed and stun resistance and etc. About limitations and mis use. It will be discussed in poll number 3 and possibly number 4.

Edited by Monstrant

That is an incredibly broad question to ask, especially that you pitch no ideas for those spells.

In theory it seems like a nice idea - something akin to what the mime can do. But in practice I really can't tell what a good idea for one of these spells would be that wouldn't encourage the sort of behaviour I talked about in the other thread.

That is an incredibly broad question to ask, especially that you pitch no ideas for those spells.

In theory it seems like a nice idea - something akin to what the mime can do. But in practice I really can't tell what a good idea for one of these spells would be that wouldn't encourage the sort of behaviour I talked about in the other thread.

As Kluys told me when introducing these ideas I must think for the rest of the balance and I did. I have a few ideas of how to lock restrain and else contain the power these spells grant. A personal question but do you believe chaplain is entitled to hold power?

My two game-balance cents:

A 'simple' balance idea for chaplain spells would be to treat them like cult spells. Actually powerful (read: useful) spells would have to be performed at the altar in the chapel, with lit candles, a holy book, maybe a sacrifice of x item placed on the table as well. If you want to lock certain spells off until later game, add in some sort of sacrifice-slash-tithe system or a cult-esque 'random words of power' sorta deal.

As for what spells? Not a damn clue.

My two game-balance cents:

A 'simple' balance idea for chaplain spells would be to treat them like cult spells. Actually powerful (read: useful) spells would have to be performed at the altar in the chapel, with lit candles, a holy book, maybe a sacrifice of x item placed on the table as well. If you want to lock certain spells off until later game, add in some sort of sacrifice-slash-tithe system or a cult-esque 'random words of power' sorta deal.

As for what spells? Not a damn clue.

I thought of more abbility based extremely long cooldown but your idea does sound very appealing too!

I actually had an idea about this, but I'm trying to iron out some details so as not to make him the turbovalid hunterino.

McGriff Gruffpants is casting resistance.

McGriff Gruffpants casts resistance!

McGriff Gruffpants has +1 temporary HP.

Just make it dumb things, like the ability to make temporary dim light (a poorman's flashlight) and the ability to summon communion wafers.

Revive Person X , requires 1 soul of a living playing human Person Y, Person X and Y From now on will share the same body like the cortical borer does unless one of em leaves.

Spawn the Best Cookie.

Emergency Prayer, can be used every 15 minutes, a prayer sent to the Admins but with a BOLD GIANT RED TEXT!!!.

Convert Person X to your cult, Person X gets objective, X is the prophet of "GOD.NAME" you have to listen to his speak and assist him into his journey. (Special Random Event)

Holy Light, a Blinding Light appears, (and blinds everyone the chap too and harms shadowlings).

Sacrifice, you can Sacrifice n.amount of (your) Cultists, to get something from a god and when sacrificed the Cultists will morph into a walking cookie people can bite and eat but! those cookies can go trough vents, hold n` pull stuff, can`t use ranged guns but can use melee ones, but when they do so they crumble in pieces only the chef can revive them with some milk. (Cultists have to agree to do this unless you`re antag)

(Yup, lot o` random useless stuff)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use