Elysian Giving himself OP weapon on normal round

Aracino

Admin Key:Elysian_Prince

Your Discord name (if applicable): Aracino

Complaint: This was during a blob round around 2 am, two blobs spawned, one in detective mait and one in the abandoned office. I was observing at the time and just noticed the blobs, I was prompted a little after to be a blob split and I took it. We did pretty well, got rid of the emitters and such before they could become and issue and we were looking at an assured win, which in the end we did accomplish. My problem was with the ERT that round. The normal ert guys were fine, but their ship was parked right where our blob had expanded due to being at the abandoned office. Soon as they showed up, we started to push in an attack them as they fired destructor lasers at us. We managed to take out the ert...But something was off. The cent comm officer came with them (Elysian Prince) and in his hand he has a laser weapon called THE DESTROYER. Which fired destroy shots ( the thick blue laser ones) had infinite energy from what I saw, and fired 10 or so shots and could be spammed which crippled our blob heavily. The ship eventually left, the ert dying at cent comm due to the medic not knowing medicine. We pushed back over to the vault area, the station having finally gotten xray lasers but we kept pushing despite that, it as I said earlier, was an assured win on a non abused blob round. (Besides the destroyer laser) But then that SAME cent comm officer showed up and destroyed massive amounts of our area via the destroyer. We did win but still, Elysian may do fun admin abuse at times but giving himself a death machine and running around as a CC official trying to solo a blob was just too much. I'd leave this to the other staff to determine if its worth punishing.

Edit: After looking at the map and where our blobs were, a more accurate blob spawn area would be the disposals line south of the old office.

Sorry, but may I just point out that the only two times that the weapon was used is

1. When you were FILLING the ERT shuttle with blob, threatening a Central Command overrun.

2. When the round had ended.

Actually it was used after that in the vault hallway before we had won. ERT was the only threat at that time so when people fired destroy lasers at the blob we went in to kill them. The cent comm officer shouldn't have been with the ERT.

EDIT: If anyone should have got it, it should have been a ert member, not an admin.

I'll begin my response to this like so: I was wrong in using the weapon beside the vault--however I stand by my use of it at the ERT shuttle due to a blob duo that 'knew' what an ERT was and where it was coming from--as well as stalking around arrivals. It is and has been, to my knowledge at least, a case of meta that we strongly discourage, and I repeat that I am again in the wrong for doing this, instead of speaking to the blob once I saw its actions, I went ahead and jumped the gun to defend the shuttle with the weapon. However, my person did not leave the shuttle along with the pulse rifle (with the exception of air pulling me out due to it being a gas based, spacing me once the rest of the ERT moved the shuttle to CC, my body floating off into random space after being tossed out of the shuttle because I was on the airlock), and I pushed the blob outside--I did not 'cripple' it as it is stated.

My response using the weapon was unnecessary for the shuttle and on station, I agree. As Vizier, I did attack the blob with the pulse weapon and I take responsibility for the action--however I did nothing more than clear part of the arrivals hallway out from the blob, I by no means 'took on the blob solo' as what is stated here. Pulse weapons are standard for Gamma ERT (I don't remember to be honest if I sent a gamma or red), though a carbine is used, which has a limited firing charge--of which I used its bigger brother, still having the same grade shots, just a larger charge.

I admit fault here, though not to the extent that Aracino attempts to claim.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use