Freestylalt's subjective ban hammer.

Ozean

Hi guys. This a complaint towards Freestylalt.

I got a 24ish Ban from the server of which i can wait out no problem there. But i wanna complain about the reason of getting banned and so that is noted and documented if it happens again. I feel that it is unfair and unreasonable to Ban people for a subjective reason.

Situation: Lights out, its dark and a nukes about to go off. a civi come up and stabs people (3 others) in the eye with a fork. we get enough and stab him back a few times... in which he dies (which isnt the intention), we all do this (Victim wise) Freestylalt then goes and PMs me about the situation. I dont know about the fate of the others. Freestylalt then decides to ban me after a longer discussion of me getting tired of telling him the same thing. i understand that self-antaging and such is a no go. but in this situation and surcomstandses i dont see why this decision was taken. Since we are going in circles i called him "blind" for not seeing the point... no pun intended...

I just wanna know what other admins feel about this since i mainly play on paradise and so far people have been nice and helpful.

Thanks. and seeya in spaaccceeeee.

As said in your previous complaint:

Greetings.

For the purpose of this complaint, I would like to provide a very relevant part of our Server Rules:

Self defense is allowed on the station to the extent of saving your own life. You may not put someone into a critical condition with a broken skull just because they threw a bottle at you. However, if you threaten to murder them and proceed to corner them, do not complain if they place you into critical condition to preserve their own life.

Now, this person hit you with a fork three times. Your reaction, along with a group of other people, was to gang up on them and assault them to the degree that they ended up dying. It is no longer self-defense when the amount of damage you inflict is disproportionally larger than the amount of damage done to you.

This would constitute a breach of our Server Rules, namely, Rule 7. When told by FreeStylaLT that, you did not seem aware that did not constitute appropriate self-defence (which it did not). You were told (correctly) that what you did constituted excessive violence, and your reaction was to claim it was justified, then call the handling Administrator blind for not seeing your (provably incorrect) point.

As a result of this, a short Temporary Ban was applied. I see no subjectivity here, nor any breach of policy or Server Rules. You broke a Rule, did not own up to it, and were given a temporary time-out. A cursory look through the Appeals section will show you similar procedures with countless others players. It is simply how we run things here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use