Antag Tokens for Game Crashes

sdtwbaj

Kay, apparently the current policy on antag tokens is only if an admin fucks something up, boning you out of your antag round. Seems fair, right?

Not really.

If the server crashes, the end result is the same, you're boned out of your antag round. So why not give antag tokens to people who lose their antag round due to a server crash?

Seems fairly simple to me.

You severely underestimate the power of the antag token and the amount of extra work that will go into this.

If this policy is adopted, every single time the server crashes the admin needs to pull logs of all the antags and add notes to every single antagonist's ckey.

Antag tokens are literally just a player note.

You can request *any* antagonist with a token for reference, and with the amount of times the server crashes... Well. You get the idea.

I would personally have about a dozen antag tokens by now.

I understand the concerns with it, however tokens would only be given if a person boned out of their round requested one, which many probably forget to do.

It's still getting screwed out of an antag round, and it doesn't make it alright to not try to fix it with the player just because 'oh it happened'.

Pretty much what Shadey said.

If we start giving out antag tokens, we run the chance of ruining rounds just because more people than average decided to use theirs.

Not to mention the amount of work that will go into checking if everyone who asks for a token was actually an antag and the amount of salt we'll get from people who didn't ask for their token and realized that was a thing you could do much, much later.

Nobody is paying for the antag status and the video game is free. I realize it can be frustrating if you lose your antag round, but we have no way of accounting for that with the way things are structured currently.

antag tokens should only given out if the round was ruined for the antags in a reasonably preventable way

introducing upwards of six antag tokens every time the server crashes will create an 'economy' that doesn't need to exist and inflate antag numbers, especially during peak- as well as creating an administrative nightmare for the staff involved

Antag tokens should be given only when someone's antag was spoiled by admin actions somehow. Like shuttle forcecalled/recalled etc. And instead of giving antag on request at any time that player could ask for antag when there is less antags then needed - one of the nukies gone SSD, someone asked admin to remove antag from him etc. Person with token would have an option to be a replacement antag.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use