IAA - Security Console Access

BiberDark

The duty of the IAA is to control the paperwork and SOP of all departements. He has already HUDaccess to security logs, i think it is not logical that he cant use the security console at all. I can do all the things with my hud already but proper paperwork for sec is not possible.

Almost everytime nobody is handling the Security logs with crimes, times ect. This would be a good opportunity to handle some work to the IAA or to controll it even better.

Pro

- no extra access ( already included in hud )

- could help with paperwork and SOP

Con

- nothing

honestly the only real downside to this is incorporated into them having secHUDs

letting them update records might mean records actually get updated and gives IA something to do other than stir shit

i'll stick a PR for this up after the feature freeze

+1. Give the Magistrate a security records console in their office too.

As for IAAs abusing the increased access, the average shitler IAA is more likely to just stand around processing and interfere with prisoners rather than delete their record so they can try to slip them out. The front desk console is usually logged on, it wouldn't take increased access for an IAA to come in and use some officer's account to modify the records.

Honestly magistrate and IAAs could use both medical and security records just to check out paperwork. Its sad that they either shitters or inactive. Pro-active inspector IAA could make interesting RP.

IAAs aren't security. Plain and simple.

They shouldn't involve themselves in security duty for the same reasons we make sure captains don't.

Everyone has a defined role, and if people don't fit those roles, the game becomes chaotic and rather upsetting for the players that do attempt to play that way. Security has a strict chain of command, with IAAs located outside of it. Once they start setting people to arrest on their own because "they were helping", the department will become even more chaotic than it already can be.

Personally, I'd support upping the security officer count slightly, but letting IAAs meddle with security affairs is a terrible idea.

Then how that, remove the possiblity to set warrants , but give the iaas a special hud + console so the can access the medical and security records.

Read & Write + Print but no Arrest.

What we need is the possiblity to correct and change the crime record not only add a comment to the bottom line. The change of arrest / prisoner / wanted should be handled by Security itself.

Access to the orders of Cargo would be pretty nice but not important. --> again only read + and print ( mr x ordered y authorsized by M)

Then how that, remove the possiblity to set warrants , but give the iaas a special hud + console so the can access the medical and security records.

Read & Write + Print but no Arrest.

What we need is the possiblity to correct and change the crime record not only add a comment to the bottom line. The change of arrest / prisoner / wanted should be handled by Security itself.

I actually like idea of unique hud and consoles. Especially of the hud would look like that unique wide sunglasses they have in their locker already. Men in black style.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use