Make rods in space around shuttle landing zones

Taaketa

It's too easy as a pod pilot to encounter the shuttle landing zones before realising you're in one.

For example the cargo shuttle takes up half the screen and before you realise you're in it's landing zone it can land and completely obliterate, you, your pod and all your items with no chance of return.

The RnD Shuttle landing area already has a landing zone layout with rods in space around it providing sufficient warning. I'd like to see similar rods added to prison, cargo and mining shuttle landing zones.

Doesn't have to be the entire frame, imo, but some buoys or single tiles spaced 3-5 apart and one on the corners with warning or landing zone signs.

Personally I'd prefer to just have hangars.

Could use catwalks just on the outer-most layer, so making a frame the shuttle would fit inside of more or less.

Would also make sense as a walkway for engineers to do maintenance on shuttles an stuff, EVA work.

Or you could just memorize the location of the shuttles and watch where you're flying. That big of a rod frame will look ugly.

Because this shuttle landing zone is easy to remember if you miss the only piece of station structure to be seen before you end up being in it.

http://imgur.com/a/rHC3b

That's not a solution. "Just remember it." It's freaking space and it's very easy to fly into a zone without realising you've done it. Cargo shuttle for instance has zero distinctive markers to show it's maximum boundaries and is the largest shuttle too. As I said before, which you didn't address, before you notice you're in the shuttle zone. It can be too late. I've seen and have been obliterated by a shuttle in my pod. No body, no pod, no items. I think it's very unfair to say "Remember" when a lapse of attention or memory OR just been NEW to pod piloting. Will result in your permanent removal from the round.

AFAIK, the shuttles are:

Science, which already has a bracket

Engineering, which is right next to the engine and has a protruding airlock and a little nook

Mining, which is the most trafficked, which again has a protruding airlock and a little nook

Cargo, which has two airlocks and a timer displaying how long until it splats whatever's in the way

Escape, which everyone knows

and

ERT, which is special-case and fixed at one arrival point.

It's fine man. Just stop hanging around active docking bays and git gud.

AFAIK, the shuttles are:

Science, which already has a bracket

Engineering, which is right next to the engine and has a protruding airlock and a little nook

Mining, which is the most trafficked, which again has a protruding airlock and a little nook

Cargo, which has two airlocks and a timer displaying how long until it splats whatever's in the way

Escape, which everyone knows

and

ERT, which is special-case and fixed at one arrival point.

It's fine man. Just stop hanging around active docking bays and git gud.

Its problematic to spacewalk near cargo shuttle. You cant see from outside if some sent the shuttle or not. So having catwalks here make sense.

Fact of the matter is that this can be fixed icly.

Either fly around it. Pda a cargotech or ask over the radio if a shuttle is coming. Death is a part of the game and you -should- feel much more cautious in space. If you still die, to bad better luck next time.

I'd be okay with a few caution signs at the corners of each shuttle dock, or maybe a pinging sound to notify any poor saps stuck in the shuttle's path that they're about to be atom smashed.

I'd be okay with a few caution signs at the corners of each shuttle dock, or maybe a pinging sound to notify any poor saps stuck in the shuttle's path that they're about to be atom smashed.

That shuttle engine roar from marines server? xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use