To Encourage Roleplay: Low-hanging fruit

Psyentific

7AN3Xr5.png

Here's a mockup of what I'm suggesting. Add three categories to character selection called 'Likes', 'Dislikes', and 'Quirks'. Each category can have 2-4 short entries chosen off a pre-made list, and is intended to provide a quick prompt for fleshing out your character. No entries should have gameplay effects - it's pure fluff. Lists would be composed of jobs (ex. Captain), items (ex. toolbelt), habits (ex. stutters), personality traits (ex. paranoid), colours (ex. red) and species (ex. unathi). There should be significant overlap between lists, such that one character would like or dislike another's likes/dislikes/quirks.

Edit: You could add another category for 'Motives', stuff like wealth, power, justice, cruelty, loyalty, duty, and Honk!

Is this will be seen somewhere by the others like in records or inside syndicate uplink? Syndicate uplink can access records in read-only already. It would be neat to allow uplink show "compromising information" on crew here like quirks.

Is this will be seen somewhere by the others like in records or inside syndicate uplink? Syndicate uplink can access records in read-only already. It would be neat to allow uplink show "compromising information" on crew here like quirks.

Motives would be great fodder for Syndicate Information - sort of a "How to get this guy to work with you" thing. Heck, you could probably work it into that Syndicate Collaborator thing. "Our sources indicate that this person is skeptical of Nanotrasen. Try appealing to his [greed]."

I was thinking it'd just be private information, like character notes for the player's use.

Bumping this to request fluff suggestions. I want you to give me your favourite and least-favourite item in-game, personality traits, and habits. Stuff you have, stuff your characters have, stuff you see other people/characters have, stuff your dog does, whatever. The more actual creativity I can foist off on you people, the better.

Bumping this to request fluff suggestions. I want you to give me your favourite and least-favourite item in-game, personality traits, and habits. Stuff you have, stuff your characters have, stuff you see other people/characters have, stuff your dog does, whatever. The more actual creativity I can foist off on you people, the better.

Fav/Least fav item: pAI's/Vomit grenades.

Personality traits/Habits: Neat freak, Slob, Kleptomanic, Obsessive-Compulsive, Perfectionist, Greedy, Lazy, Bookworm, Shy, Aggressive, Nice, Cruel, Protective, Maternal/Paternal.

And...

That's all I got.

Fav/Least fav item: pAI's/Vomit grenades.

Personality traits/Habits: Neat freak, Slob, Kleptomanic, Obsessive-Compulsive, Perfectionist, Greedy, Lazy, Bookworm, Shy, Aggressive, Nice, Cruel, Protective, Maternal/Paternal.

And...

That's all I got.

Added.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use