Different internals box content

Farya

Did you ever flusher you starting box as IPC because you dont need either chems or internals? Did you do so as vox for the same reason?(Both facemask and oxygen dont fit you) I think that should be changed. Make it so:

- IPC would have emergency welder and some cable inside their box instead of internals and injector.

- Voxies and Plasmamen would have spare tanks of their respectful breathing gases inside their boxes for emergency uses. Voxies would have spare vox facemask in the box instead of standart one.

- Security officers would have security gasmask replacing the facemask. Because why you even need mask when you have roundstart access to cool gasmask?

This has been brought up and turned down before, citing balance reasons.

A welder has far more applications than just fixing someone. You've just given every IPC on station free cablecuffs, and a weapon/tool.

Vox and Plasmapeople don't require the extra tank (there's has enough to last two rounds worth of time, unadjusted, about 3-4 with adjustments (that's almost 8 hours). If they had the extra tank, it would be used for non-breathing related purposes (pneumatic cannons, as an anesthetic tank, etc).

This has been brought up and turned down before, citing balance reasons.

A welder has far more applications than just fixing someone. You've just given every IPC on station free cablecuffs, and a weapon/tool.

Vox and Plasmapeople don't require the extra tank (there's has enough to last two rounds worth of time, unadjusted, about 3-4 with adjustments (that's almost 8 hours). If they had the extra tank, it would be used for non-breathing related purposes (pneumatic cannons, as an anesthetic tank, etc).

Well, sounds valid with gas tanks but I can't understand with IPCs - cable coils are already very plentful on the station. So anyone(not only IPC) can easily get one in tool storage or lying in the maints. Engineers just have vendor with them and science/cargo can produce them in lathes. Welders are less common somewhat but not a lot. And red toolboxes with emergency welders are not uncommon in O2 lockers. So balance would not be tempered with seriously.

Even with fluff items that you donate for, you wouldn't be able to get a welding tool unless it was specifically and only for a role that you already spawned with one.

Anything remotely balance changing on game start is typically a no-no.

Some kind of emergency nano-salve for ipcs would be neat. Having O2 lockers more useful would be neat as well. Maybe remove internals from boxes all together and give crew emergency aid kits? Tiny red sealed plastic bags filled with very small amount of medicine. They would contain: 1 charcoal pill, 1 emergency injector, 1 vial bactericyde salve(prevents wounds from getting infection), 1 emergency bandage(stops bleeding, 1 use) and 1 emergency flare. The bag itself cannot be refilled with anything but you can keep it in your pocket.

ipc would have emergency repair kit. Orange sealed bag with liquid soldier, 1 flare and emergency nanopaste tube.

Drask would have blue kit similar to human one, but with something which coold cool the body down for short time.

Vox would probably have no injector but more charcoal pills.

Why give them something that heals like their toxins and such they all got a basic epi pen to stabilize themself when in time of danger or their friends and for IPC its just eh tbh they should get no box at all since ipcs can be brought back into the round after death very fast sooo

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think we should give medical supplies to the general population, that'd be a bit unfair to Med. However, I think it'd be fair to give IPC some emergency repair supplies, such as either an emergency welder or flare (short lasting and cannot be refueled) and 5 units of cable (too few to make cuffs). And charcoal for vox seems fair, getting poisoned by oxygen is the most likely atmos issue they'd have.

The question, then, becomes if these people should have their epipens still for use on other crewmembers.

The question, then, becomes if these people should have their epipens still for use on other crewmembers.

If internal boxes are supposed to be for personal uses, then removing the epipens for those races who don't need it is justified.

Once again, seeing as you can't even get donator fluff (pay money) to start out with a tool of any sort this isn't going to happen.

It's been shot down multiple times. People get an epi-pen, which is only useful when they're in crit. Epi-pens are pretty much only ever used by *other people* using them on you as well, since if you're in crit chances are you can't get to your autoinjector anyways. Giving IPC's a welder than can just heal them willy-nilly (and is also refuel-able, handy!) is not even remotely close to the same thing.

A welder can weld down walls, close doors, seal firelocks, blow up welder tanks, weld vents, ETC.

An epinephrine injector can't do any of those things.

Vox who lose their nitrogen tanks can also now get a new nitrogen tank at medbay, or get one from EVA like they always have been able to do. Epinephrine injectors are also invaluable for every single species, except IPC's. Them not having access to most reagents is a balancing feature, and one of their prominent trade-offs.

Epi pens caps suffocation damage at 25% so if you get shot with cyanide just shoot yourself up with epi pen and your fine it game be game changing just you dont know when to use it

The number of times you have been shot up with cyanide is somewhere between 0, and 0.

The amount of times I've heard of and seen cyanide ever being used is once, it was used to poison a drink.

* Cyanide more commonly affects chemists who are making it as a precursor to pentetic acid, without wearing their masks.

* Cyanide will kill you from BRAIN DAMAGE, not suffocation.

* By the time you realize you have been shot up with cyanide, you won't be able to get your autoinjector.

* IPC's can't be shot up with cyanide, anyways.

It's perfectly fine, as it is. This idea has been shot down more than a few times in the past, because it simply doesn't require changing.

Epi pens caps suffocation damage at 25% so if you get shot with cyanide just shoot yourself up with epi pen and your fine it game be game changing just you dont know when to use it

The number of times you have been shot up with cyanide is somewhere between 0, and 0.

The amount of times I've heard of and seen cyanide ever being used is once, it was used to poison a drink.

* Cyanide more commonly affects chemists who are making it as a precursor to pentetic acid, without wearing their masks.

* By the time you realize you have been shot up with cyanide, you won't be able to get your autoinjector.

It's perfectly fine, as it is. This idea has been shot down more than a few times in the past, because it simply doesn't require changing.

The wiki says it only causes suffocation/toxins

OwWOtO7.jpg

Cyanide never gave braindamge im pretty sure that was a side effect of heating certain things like meth/cyanide

Its pretty sure to find out you got cyanide inside too since you suffocate slowy so if you connect internals and still suffocate you shoot yourself up with a epi pen easy

And a page out of the codebase

/datum/reagent/cyanide

name = "Cyanide"

id = "cyanide"

description = "A highly toxic chemical with some uses as a building block for other things."

reagent_state = LIQUID

color = "#CF3600"

metabolization_rate = 0.1

penetrates_skin = 1

/datum/reagent/cyanide/on_mob_life(mob/living/M)

M.adjustToxLoss(1.5*REM)

if(prob(5))

M.emote("drool")

if(prob(10))

to_chat(M, "You cannot breathe!")

M.losebreath += 1

M.emote("gasp")

if(prob(8))

to_chat(M, "You feel horrendously weak!")

M.Stun(2)

M.adjustToxLoss(2)

..()

So yeah finding out you got cyanide in you is extremly easy if you cant breath drooling etc

Cyanide makes you droll, like you have brain damage, but doesn't give you any. Quite easy mistake to make.

Every single chemist I've had to treat for accidentally poisoning themselves (and there's been a lot) has had brain damage. The adv scanner has always picked up and detected on brain damage, and I've subsequently always fed affected persons mannitol. Maybe they've all beaten their heads against the airlock, prior to me getting to them.

Either way, advocating for a change to internals box content (a major balance change) based off of one seldom used chem is bunk.

I'll just repeat my other points, since I got thoroughly quotemined.

'Positive, adj.: Mistaken at the top of one's voice.'

- Ambrose Bierce.

Apologies, but I see few alternatives when someone is willfully equating the autoinjector (a situationally useful tool, that only prolongs death without medical treatment) with a welding torch (a refillable weapon, and useful tool that can be used in a multitude of tasks), and as stated above every cyanide poisoning case I've treated (99% of which are chemists not wearing gas masks) has also had brain damage. Apparently these two things are not connected (or maybe brain damage has something to do with people then choosing to huff cyanide), but you can see how I drew the conclusion.

It indeed does as meth vapor gives you nuerotoxin2(chem nuerotoxin)and normal toxin

Code says cyanide vapor only gives you cyanide so odk realy

But you epi pens can really stop any suffocation problem

And a 5 units welder aint that bad hell you cant even repair 2-3 limbs with it before it runs out and you likely just get a 15 unit welder anyways

It indeed does as meth vapor gives you nuerotoxin2(chem nuerotoxin)and normal toxin

Code says cyanide vapor only gives you cyanide so odk realy

But you epi pens can really stop any suffocation problem

And a 5 units welder aint that bad hell you cant even repair 2-3 limbs with it before it runs out and you likely just get a 15 unit welder anyways

A 5 unit welder can still weld doors, vents, lockers, walls, and deal damage.

IPC's don't even have to worry about suffocation damage, ever. Their racial buff is that they literally don't require epi-pens.

This would just be an additional buff to them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use