Remove Chemical information from the GUI of cryo tubes.

uc_guy

I really appreciate that the new GUI for the chemical dispensers shows the contents of the loaded beaker, however I believe that cryo tubes should not have such a chemical analyzer.

This would allow traitors to load more ...interesting... ingredients into the cryo tubes and not be discovered immediately.

The tube can still show how much of the chemical is left in the beaker, but it should not show the exact contents of it.

Hmm thats almost impossible to pull of.

It is not easy, yes. But I believe that SS13 gets a lot of its charm from its "anything could be a death trap" behavior.

Other doctors.

Thats the point, it should not be that easily noticeable that the tube was tampered with.

And if a non target gets in it, it will be grief i believe.

It is possible to make it deadly to some, while being harmless to others if you think creatively.

Also this possibility has existed with the older cryo tubes too.

Polytrinic acid in a cryo tube.

Anyways.

Can you not just drag the target into the tube, replace the beaker with your mixture of death, let the guy die and do the old switcharoo back to the old beaker again?

It requires you to play smart and fend off other potential people that might want to peak at the tube, but will make for some interesting gameplay

You can do the safe switching. But what if someone left it in there? Doctors would be killing people unknowingly. And at a time of say a fire or carp or meteor moment, hell even radiation.....alot of ppl could die. Not trying to be mean....but other doctors tend to not notice things...

Can you not just drag the target into the tube, replace the beaker with your mixture of death, let the guy die and do the old switcharoo back to the old beaker again?

It requires you to play smart and fend off other potential people that might want to peak at the tube, but will make for some interesting gameplay

Sure, but if you are to be seen as the last person handling your victim you might as well choke them out in maintenance or give them a lethal injection.

I'm thinking about something more along the lines of giving your target some chemical in reception that would react with whatever it is in the cryo tube. If the person placed in a tube does not have the chemical in his blood nothing happens and the tube works normally, if he does however...

Even better the last person handling the guy was not you. One could use it to frame others.

Before the change the was a lot of potential for creativity and interesting gameplay. With the GUI change this potential is lost and we get to see more of the boring "just whack the guy with an esword" murders.

I have to agree with the against vote on this one partially because I really like the UI as it is, and partially because the potential for chem grief is far too high. If you want to kill someone in this method you have to be smart with it that's an intended thing. Having it so people playing by the rules could unintentionally kill people? Nah that's not fun for either the doctor or the poor person receiving medical attention.

In traitoring terms if what you do has the potential to adversely effect innocents? Consider something else pretty sure syndicate are not brutally mindless murderers they are special agents working against key points of a mega corporations structure to dis-assemble it from within essentially your an industrial spy and they would only kill if it was their mission or if their cover was blown.

Well that went on longer than I initially planned :S

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use