Alteration to perma-jumpsuits

Sothangel

So, in response to some concerns regarding Vox being placed in solitary instantly, let's see if we can come up with anything to make a compromise that fixes and makes everyone happy pisses everyone off in equal fashion.

Main problem being that spaceproof races or those adjusted to cold (Vox/Plas/Diona/Drask) can break out of perma and survive much greater than other races, and apparently are not afforded the same chances of getting back into their traitorness because they're given the chop or perma. Now, the perma-jumpsuits have tracking beacons ONLY, so always transmit your location - Issue being, they can be taken off easily.

What if, for example, these jumpsuits can only be removed in one of two/three ways? Either Warden+ ID, emag, or %chance from an EMP? Would it even help to stop the apparent issue?

Any thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Wouldn't a tracking implant already do that? We could change SOP so that space-capable races get tracking implants. But yeah, the jumpsuit is a good idea. Or how about something like those electronic tags that are put on the ankles of people who are sentenced to house arrest.

Anyway. Solitary is pretty much a fate worse than death. You're basically dead, but without ghost chat to comment on the round or the chance to respawn as an event. Getting sentenced to solitary means you can either shout over coms a bit and annoy everyone, or kill yourself.

It's basically a wearable tracking implant, but doesn't require surgery to remove. You can order more tracking implants from cargo (20 points) and there are... 4 or 5 in the armoury at round start? That would solve the problem if people used them and had confidence in them.

I just realized something. With the remap of perma and the addition of the door remote, we can secure escape-risk prisoners without isolating them entirely. As for perma being 'impregnable' without windows, it' not security's fault someone didn't invest in an uplink implant.

Or just remove the windows...

Making perma impregnable isn't going to be fun for anyone.

It wouldn't be fun either if you had to return to the brig to beat the Warden to a bloody pulp, just so you can get the ID off of them to get the jumpsuit off.

It's fine as it is now, Wardens just need to learn to watch over their permabrig occupants. =)

Make the jumpsuits resistible out of/cuttable off with a knife or something? EMPs are super uncommon and if they're in perma anyway an emag is probably not coming their way either.

If space slowed them to a crawl like it does with everyone else it wouldn't be that bad either, toss in some motion sensor cameras and the pod pilot has another duty.

Being spaceproof is a great boon.

It also comes with a few downsides.

I just see this as being one of them and comes hand-in-hand with plasmapeople and vox being unable to disguise themselves/be stealthy in a 'public' fashion (Plasmapeople moreso than Vox).

I just see this as being one of them and comes hand-in-hand with plasmapeople and vox being unable to disguise themselves/be stealthy in a 'public' fashion (Plasmapeople moreso than Vox).

Just invokes images of dreadful Vox stealth attempts in my head... Inherent -3 to stealth.

Just invokes images of dreadful Vox stealth attempts in my head... Inherent -3 to stealth.

It's even worse for plasmamen, who have their job title permanently attached to the suit that they must wear or they'll die, with each suit being distinctive at a glance and the number of plasmamen being almost nil to begin with.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use