Surgery 'List'

Shadeykins

Just a handful of little suggestions.

* Remove "Implant Surgery" and include it in the standard cavity surgery. "Implant Surgery" only shows up on limbs that have implants on them, and can be effectively used to cheese implants (because it shows on a list when you click the part, whether or not there's an implant there). It's also confusing, because the cavity surgery is listed as "Cavity Surgery/Implant Removal".

* Adjust cavity surgery to no longer require an 'empty hand' to pull items out of the cavity. The go-to tool for surgeons is a hemostat for such kind of operations, and I can't even tell you how many times I've seen people (myself included) accidentally put a hemostat inside someone.

* Adjust xenomorph surgery to be covered under Cavity Surgery/Implant Removal, rather than "Organ Manipulation".

* Snowflake the autopsy table to not call up the list, and have it automatically default to autopsy surgeries. The only reason you have a body on the surgery table in the morgue is for an autopsy, and it's far from user friendly to have the menu pop up needlessly, and then have to select the last option on it. This could be as simple as having the surgery table there be a different object (much like the chemistry cleaner), and having the script to call the menu check what surface the patient is on (which it already does, for surgery failure chances/ghetto surgery).

* Merge 'Bone Repair' and 'Organ Manipulation' surgeries on the chest, and head, and allow the surgeon to switch seamlessly between the types of surgeries. As it stands, organ manipulation surgery also includes bone repair surgery, and if someone has a broken chest/head they also have brain/eye/lung/heart damage, making "Bone Repair Surgery" a needless option that clutters the menu.

* Make the computer tell you what tool is required specifically in brackets, rather than just what step. The "helpful computer" doesn't really tell new surgeons what tools to use whatsoever. ("clamp bleeders? what do I use to that? fix-o-vein??").

* Snowflake the autopsy table to not call up the list, and have it automatically default to autopsy surgeries. The only reason you have a body on the surgery table in the morgue is for an autopsy, and it's far from user friendly to have the menu pop up needlessly, and then have to select the last option on it. This could be as simple as having the surgery table there be a different object (much like the chemistry cleaner), and having the script to call the menu check what surface the patient is on (which it already does, for surgery failure chances/ghetto surgery).

But that will prevent the use of morgue as emergency surgery when both OR are inaccessible for some reason(bombed, occupated by enemy, just TOO much VIP patients who must be saved at all costs by surgery.

I also used morgue as a place to augment people as roboticist once because RD was a weirdo and forbid me to do that in robotics because "its not sterile for surgery". But damn, that was fun.

If we're gonna make suggestions regarding surgery then I would like it if we added a few things in surgery too, like Nanopaste. That should be in Surgery by default but it isn't for some reason, there's a handful of people who have Assisted organs and R&D doesn't print out the item fast enough. It'd also be nice if we could have an organ printer, I know a server has one of them already but I can't remember which one it was. It requires you add biomass and it's very handy.

But that will prevent the use of morgue as emergency surgery when both OR are inaccessible for some reason(bombed, occupated by enemy, just TOO much VIP patients who must be saved at all costs by surgery.

I also used morgue as a place to augment people as roboticist once because RD was a weirdo and forbid me to do that in robotics because "its not sterile for surgery". But damn, that was fun.

I don't think I've ever seen this happen myself, but whoever that RD is is genuinely strange (and not to mention a little scary!).

There's a job specifically for the role of autopsies, called Coroner, and an autopsy table is most definitely not the same thing as a surgery table anywhoo.

It scares me to think that there's roboticists performing surgeries in the morgue (arguably the least sanitary place on station)

and an autopsy table is most definitely not the same thing as a surgery table anywhoo.

Hmmm.....

Yeah, totally different things, most definitely.

473852103715cc7770ece53858e6ba91.png

and an autopsy table is most definitely not the same thing as a surgery table anywhoo.

Hmmm.....

If I tell you a cat, and a dog are not the same things, will you bring up a list of SS13 sprites and say "Well they're both in the same file, and handled by the same script so they're the same thing"?

My initial suggestion even covers changing the surgery table in the autopsy room to it's own type of table in the code because they're currently the same object.

I bolded the pertinent part of it, because apparently you didn't even read my post.

Hmmm.....

I think they meant they want it to be different, referring to real life equivalents

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use