Cryosleeper for permabrig.

Farya

Well, my suggestion is simple - add one cryocell to perma, so prisoners who have no hope to escape and want to ghost out and observe round/have to go due to IRL reasons can lay in one and get removed from the round without suicide.

Some servers have such feature already and it works just fine.

That seems very sensible, given that prisoner suicide is a thing pretty much every round. Probably no good way to make it accessible to solitary, though, where by far the most suicides happen.

I'd be quite upset as a traitor to go through the hassle of breaking into Perma to spring my colleague just to find that they cryoslept... but I guess that isn't -too- much different than if they committed suicide.

I'd be quite upset as a traitor to go through the hassle of breaking into Perma to spring my colleague just to find that they cryoslept... but I guess that isn't -too- much different than if they committed suicide.

Yeah, happened to me once. Organized two mining hardsuits, flew up to perma, broke in, found two SSD prisoners. It sucks, but it will happen, if people think they can't get out, the round is basically over for them anyway.

now that cryo respawns are gone, I don't see any issue with this

Genuinely irrelevant.

How often does someone actually make it to perma before the 30 minute mark?

Not as rarely as you'd think. There's always genuinely inept or hasty traitor and the really bad greytide. There have been first ten minute attempts on the captain's office by emags.

Not as rarely as you'd think. There's always genuinely inept or hasty traitor and the really bad greytide. There have been first ten minute attempts on the captain's office by emags.

Yes, and then they spend twenty minutes in processing. :^)

My point is that Coldflame's suggestion that people in perma can't use it to ghost (which they can do anyways) and get a chance at midround antags is moot, even with the new PR.

Cryo in perma has always seemed to me like a low RP thing that detracts from the atmosphere of the game. Sure I understand the point, but it defeats the purpose of perma if they jump in a cryosleeper and logout when caught. I don't really want to see cryosleepers anywhere but the dorm.

Cryo in perma has always seemed to me like a low RP thing that detracts from the atmosphere of the game. Sure I understand the point, but it defeats the purpose of perma if they jump in a cryosleeper and logout when caught. I don't really want to see cryosleepers anywhere but the dorm.

Tau Ceti is russian High-RP server and it have cryosleepers in prison without any problems.

And what RP you an even get if you are lone prisoner forgotten in perma by everyone because of some bigger shit happening? Its not fun to sit in four r-walls without any chances to change that. Cryosleeper is for that situations.

If traitor knows that he will be rescued by his comrades he would never suicide/ghost out or cryo. So I see no problem in giving such opportunity.

I was referring to the ability to cryo, close your client, reopen after being stored, and being able to rejoin as crew, which would obviously get you out of perma after fifteen minutes, which was removed recently

From the changelog, I figured being returned to the lobby screen after cryoing wasn't covered - and I also figured that was a bug to begin with (since it seemed like an exceptionally strange thing to have enabled anyways).

The more you know.

In terms of the suggestion, I'm averse to the idea - there's plenty to do in permabrig now and cryoing out is it seems cheese especially when there's other antags who break into perma to free their fellow syndicate.

Tau Ceti is russian High-RP server and it have cryosleepers in prison without any problems.

And what RP you an even get if you are lone prisoner forgotten in perma by everyone because of some bigger shit happening? Its not fun to sit in four r-walls without any chances to change that. Cryosleeper is for that situations.

If traitor knows that he will be rescued by his comrades he would never suicide/ghost out or cryo. So I see no problem in giving such opportunity.

Perma is supposed to actually feel punishing ICly. This almost completely removes that suspension of disbelief. I wouldn't really call cryoing out as soon as you are arrested RP, the notion of adding cryosleepers to perma pretty much encourages that.

I wouldn't care about cryo in perma. I've always seen cryo as an effectively OOC move to remove yourself from the round anyway.

plus, the new way Cryo works, it's not that big a deal to drag someone over from perma and cram them in. If they ghost, they instantly store, so good news. If they don't ghost promptly, snatch em back out and re-perma.

Perma is supposed to actually feel punishing ICly. This almost completely removes that suspension of disbelief. I wouldn't really call cryoing out as soon as you are arrested RP, the notion of adding cryosleepers to perma pretty much encourages that.

I understand what you are saying, but if a player is bored, or they have to go IRL reasons, lack of a cryosleeper will not stop them what so ever. If a person logs out as soon as they are arrested is not rp, but people like that would do that with or without a cryosleeper in perma. The only thing perma Cryosleeper would really effect here is removing a SSD body from laying on a floor the rest of the round

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use