Random Maintenance Rooms and Encounters

uliks

Well i noticed one day how each time when you are passing in to deep maintenance area that the items are always randomly different, witch brings me the idea "Why not make Random maintenance and encounters, because everything in deep maintenance is some how messy and mostly destroyed, useless, it does not have electricity or anything complex, so I ment if is possible to make random items spawn each time, then you could make also random walls and windows, but walls and windows near space tiles should not be changed because of air leek, and also you put some small 3x4 random empty walled room generated with carpet or wood or metal tile, and some zombie or lizard in side for random encounter. And there you have it , for every small explorer wish come true.

A long time back it was suggested that maint would have randomized abandoned rooms, including maint bar, an old chemistry lab, a surgical room, and other such things. I don't know why or when it was abandoned, but it was interesting to say the least when it was still being talked about.

Found a really dank meme in maint one time. A dude managed to score the syndi pistol, mag and suppressor, so they put it together, loaded the gun and left it on a table illuminated by the black desk lamp along with a zippo, burnt cigar and an ash tray with a wooden chair off to the side. There was a note left in red crayon that said 'Kill you're self' and beneath it in the clown's comic sans read 'Your* :^)' with the honk stamp. I checked in later and found that a baldy in a blue uniform had suicided with the pistol and there was a line added to the note saying 'fuck yall'. Good times.

Pointless diatribe aside, I think it'd be interesting to see the randomized structures/encounters implemented in the station maintenance. I'm pretty certain the framework for it's already there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use