Reinforce courtroom walls/blast doors

alexpkeaton

Simple suggestion here. Today, there was a round where the heads gathered in the courtroom to talk. Some one bombed the hell out of the meeting and chaos ensued. Now, I know what you may be thinking:

A) "I remember that! I was in that round and just want to say..."

B) "Bridge has a conference room for this very reason."

So, let's try to avoid those in the interest of staying relevant.

Regardless of the circumstances in one particular round, the demonstration of a bombing outside the courtroom proved how easy it might be for someone to get to a tribunal of three heads sitting in judgment against someone who could be a fellow antagonist. They sit right up against the hallway wall and could easily get ambushed by a device out of their view yet only a few tiles away.

The exterior wall is not reinforced. This should be changed. And, in the event trouble is expected/occurs or the hearing is disrupted by one/many greyshirts, there should be blast doors available to heads/warden that seal off the hallway entrances.

I know the courtroom will be rarely used, but I've already used it as Magistrate once and have seen others use it as well. It's the best part of the sec redesign to me (of course as a frequent IAA/Magistrate player I'm heavily biased here), and I think adding an extra layer of security here might be valuable.

I was the guy who did the bombing and I just wanted to say....

:D

The source of the explosioning were a couple of fuels tanks, should probably be a bit harder to annihilate the place, that said the courtroom is ostensibly a public place (public access and all) which makes it especially jarring when sec treat it as a full part of the brig.

R-walls would be fine but if we put in blast shields I can pretty much guarantee the place will just be used as another command circlejerk den.

If its' internal from the station's perspective I'm not a great fan of having reinforced walls. I always feel bombs should be deadly, and it shouldn't be made harder for Antags to target already hard targets in a specific area.

Part of the fun in a courthouse, during a trial, is knowing that someone could suddenly C4 the wall down and steal the defendant.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use