Trauma and Burn Kit Rework

Shadeykins

Trauma/Burn Kit Rework?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/5177

Just to gather feedback on a PR, that could be controversial because of the changes to splints.

tweak: Medical stacks now have 6 uses

tweak: Medical stacks now heal 20 burn/brute

tweak: Medical stacks can be used on the same limb more than once

tweak: Trauma kits no longer disinfect or stop bleeding

tweak: Gauze stops bleeding/disinfects

tweak: Applying a medical stack to others is instant, no matter what

tweak: Applying any medical stack to yourself has a 2 second delay

tweak: Can apply splints to any body part

tweak: No more RNG fumbling of putting splints on yourself

tweak: Confirmation for applying medical stacks is now green

tweak: Advanced Medkits now have 2 trauma kits, 2 burn kits, a health analyzer, 1 roll of gauze, and medipen.

tweak: Amount of splints in medical vendors increased from 2 to 4

As I said in the PR comments, I think this PR is a good oppurtunity to balance out the use of medical splints.

They should definitely not make bone repair surgery redundant. I'd be for making them drastically lower the chance to scream in pain and drop an item or receive internal organ damage, as well as reduce the slowdown caused by a broken leg or foot, BUT still not be a perfect alternative to surgery.

Also, making them somehow visible on examine would be a nice feature to see.

Fawks, pls.

I think splint would reduce chance of pain and initiate very slow recovery of bones. But if you use splinted limb often it would eventually fall of, causing great pain.

On TC we actually have sprites for bandaged people. Looks cool, especialy when you have bandged all of your body. And you can later remove bandages after recovery using wirecutters.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use