nerf player carps

Kluys

ok i dont know the opinion of others about this but everytime i see player controlled carps they are either playing friendly carp which is quite funny or they are using their time as a carp to break every window exsisting on the station sometimes not even concentrating on hurting people.

The latter ruins the enjoyment of having this random event because it causes the entire station to be vented on every possible side along with the lag that happens because of that.

and OH dont forget about the worst carp of all as seen here (image to big to add as an attatchment) http://imgur.com/5O74AZd This carp singlehandedly ruined a round breaking atmos beyond whats easily repairable and causing the whole system to stop pumping air into the station, i suggest at the LEAST to add a giant reinforced wall around atmos to protect it from these griefing carp

To be honest if it's such a problem it should be removed. At the end of the day there is no further nerfing that can be done to Carps other than remove them from player control. Player Carps cannot chase anyone down anyone can run from a player carp and lock the door behind them unlike AI carp that run faster than anything. Best a player carp can do is break some windows and bait players towards AI carp to be chased down by them.

So with player carps having no speed the only impact they can make on a round is removing the pressure from the station. I will add something of note which a lot of atmos techs seems to forget about. Turn off the air pumps if there is a breach? You are just feeding atmos that will leak into space anyway.

A griefer will always be a griefer, should he be a carp, Runtime, a diona or a character.

Carps are slow as hell when controlled by players. You can't really chase anyone as a player carp. When I play a carp, I'm looking inside the station from windows, trying to find a prey. When I find one, I break the window and try to chase the player (that's what NPC carps do). What people usually do is to run away. There is no way to chase them as a player controlled carp. Real carps are super fast, though.

Also, player carps die really easily. Two swipes at a carp with a circular saw is enough to kill them.

I think they are fine the way they are. It's just that griefers like to use them to sabotage the station in a OOC fashion. Carps are not interested in sabotaging the station, there sole purpose is to hunt down and eat people.

How about making it so carp can only break windows using something on a timer? Would make it so carp could still hunt down people like they can now, they just can't break every window they see.

Things like this do seem to be a major problem with player controlled "animals", stuff like spiders breaking lights while I am trying to beat their face in or this very problem.

How about making it so carp can only break windows using something on a timer? Would make it so carp could still hunt down people like they can now, they just can't break every window they see.

Things like this do seem to be a major problem with player controlled "animals", stuff like spiders breaking lights while I am trying to beat their face in or this very problem.

Spiders breaking lights makes much RP sense to me at least. Just like spiders in real life that hide in dark places, would not these strong spiders want to get rid of the bright lights to catch their prey better?

"spiders breaking lights while I am trying to beat their face in "

ah that makes sense then, they should only break lights when alone in a room or doing their nest making stuff

although I do think spiders are smart enough to try to dodge attacks or skitter all over the place during combat compared to a derpy dumb carp that should only attack attack attack

Can I ask what the point of having player-controlled space carp rounds is when they have to act exactly like a real space carp would, but slower?

They arent a round they are an event that happens during any kind of round, the purpose of player controlled carp is giving people who died an opertunity to play instead of having to wait the entire round.

Their purpose is NOT griefing up the entire outer perimiter of the station.

I also notice that you asked "why do they need to act like real space carp?" acting out your role to the best of your ability is what this game is about. A spacecarp in that regard isnt supossed to know that humans die without oxygen and shouldn't be interested in destroying a station. kinda like how real fish like piranahs will bite you but not destroy the boat you are on to get to you.

Could potentially add it as a karma option, though even downright awful players would end up with the karma eventually.

Also it breaches a few rules (HAHAHAHAHA GET IT LOL I'M SO AMAZING), so ahelp it and I think the admins would be able to resolve it.

downright awful players would end up with the karma eventually.

This is so true. I have dealt with a horrible Blueshield before. Made me wonder if he somehow karma farmed without getting caught. Just have to hope the admins find him.

downright awful players would end up with the karma eventually.

This is so true. I have dealt with a horrible Blueshield before. Made me wonder if he somehow karma farmed without getting caught. Just have to hope the admins find him.

There are a few jobs that if you just simply do your job you get showered in it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use