Random idea

pazneria12

I come up with a lot of ideas right before I got to sleep, and I post one of them once in a while, this time what I've thought of is a form of so holopad in each department, and when used would summon a "tutorial ai" (ghost) and it would tell the ghost what department and such so the ghost would know if it knows what the summoner needs. I'll flesh this idea out in the morning or forget about it. Most likely forget about it.

This would be cool as some sort of green newbie helmet with neurotransmitters or whatever in it that the HoP and department heads start with that they can give to newer players for a ghost (or mentor) to talk directly into their head and help them out. The helmet also tells everyone you're a newb.

Karma locking this will make it unused, as nobody (or maybe just me) would be okay with spending karma on something like this, unless it's like 1 karma or something.

I think a player age limit and the ability to jobban people from this would be enough.

Karma locking this will make it unused, as nobody (or maybe just me) would be okay with spending karma on something like this, unless it's like 1 karma or something.

I think a player age limit and the ability to jobban people from this would be enough.

I was actually suggesting the role be limited to Mentors, as I don't think (admitted bias here) that it'd be wise to let Joey McGreytide who played once in 2014 access to a role that purely exists to help new players / help people learn jobs.

That's why us Mentors exist, after all. We're trusted to be knowledgeable about a significant portion of the game' s mechanics and systems.

Also, of we did this as a Role, I'd suggest that the AI have absolutely no control capability over the Station, and be lawed against divulging knowledge that is not specifically request/will effect the round except for training.

That's why us Mentors exist, after all. We're trusted to be knowledgeable about a significant portion of the game' s mechanics and systems.

[spoiler2]Don't the admins feed you every week, like.... to the dark gods or something...[/spoiler2]

This would be cool as some sort of green newbie helmet with neurotransmitters or whatever in it that the HoP and department heads start with that they can give to newer players for a ghost (or mentor) to talk directly into their head and help them out. The helmet also tells everyone you're a newb.

The newblet can just mentor/adminhelp if he has any queastions... that's why we don't need neurotransmitters.

Mentors and admins, and I think thats all that really should be able to use this, if its implemented, because it just doesnt make sense that a person just hired would just need to stare at an object for a few minutes to figure out how to do anything with it.

I actually like this idea as sort of a pAI 2.0. To all those who say "we have mentors for that"- sure, but seeing what someone is doing and being able to make comments on it is a big deal, especially when something is complex or potentially dangerous.

Plus, this can be a short-term way to return to the round.

The only drawback I see is antags/validhunters teaming up to take advantage of the pop-in/pop-out nature of this to jump in from dchat to their buddies still alive so they can blab about who is an antag, or "sec's on to you", etc. Maybe that's just me being cynical, and of course anything close to that will get you permabanned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use