Admin complaint: fre3bie

SomanB

You have been banned by fre3bie.

Metagaming during a wizard round with Xantholne, died as HoS then had their friend join as Blueshield to hunt the wizard who then declared their "job is done". Has previous warnings regarding metagaming with their friend..

So, just going to address this here. Wizard round, I started as HoS. Everything was quiet at beginning, dealt with some greyshitting. Got involved with an idiot sexually harassing some people, so was in ahelps dealing with THAT when wizard appears.

I get taken out like the good horrible HoS I am. Complain in dchat about how nobody is cloning me, malpracticebay is bad, the usual. Sometime during that, Xanth logs in as BS, manages to get the ion gun (wizard was IPC), and offs the wiz. Cool beans, new round.

Next round, I'm setting up as HoS, and blam out of the blue, I get that ban message. No prior PMs, no asking what's up, just an instant ban and drop. Xanth got the same.

Yes,Nova and Meex share a last name. Looong standing IC relationship thing. Yes, we do play roles where we can link up without getting underfoot or causing claims of favoritism. Neither of us discuss ongoing rounds outside of game, because we're both very adamant about meta shit.

I feel that it was quite unprofessional regarding the admin involved to just throw a ban based on what was effectively "same last name in-game, known friends, must be meta". Doubly so that there wasn't any discussion even attempted, just an instant ban. As for "previous warnings about metagaming", while I do not have access to my admin notes, I am aware of one official warning I have from back when, when I deconned a Vox Raider's control console on the skipjack. I've never had any direct official, or unofficial warnings for metagaming.

To further my claim of unprofessional behavior, I was told that the banning admin in question is a trialmin. During the incident in question, there were multiple full admins on board, along with a maintainer. According to one of those admins, there was no achat discussion prior to the ban being placed. In my opinion, a trialmin shouldn't be implementing ANY bans without prior discussion, except in cases of gross, obvious rule-breaking, which this is not.

Thanks for your attention in this matter. I look forward to a prompt resolution. Thank you.

I have accepted Fre3bie's resignation as admin.

I'm convinced from looking at the logs there was no evidence of meta gaming.

Please let me know if there's anything else to address.

Thanks, Neca.

I just want to say that honestly, his resignation was absolutely not my goal in filing an admin complaint. I know that sometimes the vibe I have when I say something, and the vibe in my head can be quite different (it's gotten me into some issues on Para even), so I'd like to make it clear.

I would have been perfectly content with "Ooops, saw the situation wrong, my mistake". Nobody's perfect. We all make mistakes. Learn from them and move on with life, so you can be a better person.

I, of course, do not know the exact details of the resignation, nor should I know. That's admin business. I just don't want Fre3bie to think that he HAD to resign to "make up" for what happened. From my perspective, his intent was good, because seriously fuck metacomms shittery, the execution was just rough. I'd only feel justified in demanding resignation if the intent itself were bad, with an admin abusing his or her power to make someone's gametime bad.

There is a bit more too it, which I won't get into, but at roughly the same time I was issued an ultimatum of either promoting him to senior admin or accepting his resignation. Considering the nature of the ultimatum and the events with yourself and Meex, I chose the latter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use