Port /tg/'s tablecrafting and food systems

fludd12

Tablecrafting is complete, at least. Don't worry about the recipes, just add the system, so people can eventually get around to adding tablecraft recipes.

In the same line of thought, the cooking system for /tg/ is more fun in my opinion, though it'd be nice to move recipes around to the oven and such.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of tablecrafting for cooking. It makes some sense, and is easier to tell what the recipes are at a glance. But it also removes the RnD upgrades from the kitchen since 90% of your final ingredients aren't cooked in the microwave but rather assembled on a table. It'd also remove the grill and oven unless who ever ported the system would willing to go through and change a bunch of recipes.

Maybe adding a final step to a lot of recipes with the tablecraft making an 'uncooked' or 'grill ready' item that would need one last heating from the appropriate appliance would be good.

I mean, all the TG branch does that the Paradise station branch does is make it more userfriendly and remove the secrets. Paradise already has most of the same recipes (though is missing the scooter and skateboard and a few things).

If anything, it might be better to figure out a way to make the tablecrafting aspect more user friendly.

Maybe have a constructable object you can anchor on tables called a workbench, and clicking on that object gives you an interface like the goon's metallurgy and workbench stuff?

But also still keep normal table crafting.

So you have a user friendly way to craft and also a robust way to craft.

Well, I kinda meant for food recipes to be done in the microwave/oven, still. It's just that, our tablecrafting is rather unfinished, and where it is used, it isn't obvious that it can be used. /tg/'s tablecrafting seems a lot more user-friendly, to me.

Again, not suggesting we necessarily port the things it can make, just the system itself, because our current system is clunky.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use