New camera monitor system

pipextiny

Long story short when I play I play warden (most of the time). After a long play time of the job there is just one thing I don't like about it. The cameras you get two choices a list or a map. Now the map is better for looking around and what I use most of the time but i feel like it is slow and clunky. I feel like a AI eye would work a lot better sort of like the slime management ones in xenobio. Now I understand this may downplay the AIs role with security but why should the AI be better at half of the wardens job then the warden them self?

I'd be willing to code this, but I foresee some serious problems that could arise with trying to properly limit people to their access range. Additionally, they would still need to have some form of GUI for jumping to places through gaps or distances.

Overall, I like the idea, but if it doesn't get some real support, I don't see it happening because coding it in a non-snowflaky way won't be easy if only because a lot of the required functionality doesn't exist yet for the AI or Xeno.

No. This is entirely deliberate; the camera monitors are meant to be a bit clunky so warden (and anyone else monitoring cams) can't sweep the entire station in a very short time frame. Supercopping AI's are already irritating and a large problem; this will exacerbate that issue even more.

Honestly I'd prefer the older camera select system we used to have, whenever I open up a camera console (That isn't from a laptop [meaning, wow, they actually get use from me]), I get a literal frame rate drop on everything else, and it's just very slow.

As to this system... eh, not really a good idea, for the reasons Fox listed.

Supercopping AI's are already irritating and a large problem; this will exacerbate that issue even more.

To be honest, if there is an compitent AI (most of the time is) then yelling help over common will save yer ass... he will just locate the one who yelled help if its in a camera view and boom! Yer cover is blown, there is a high chance ye will fail yer kidnap/killing and if AI knows what to do, ye will have 2-5 armed crew members breathing down yer neck in within seconds... not to mension bolted or shocked doors, borgs and to top it off, mothertrucking Beepsky rolls out the damn disposals chute (not really, but does appear out of nowhere)

Better cams would be great, but itd be a huge buff to security that would break antag gameplay. Id like for another camera map for other z-levels like mining and science outpost, but aside from that the cams should stay the same.

The wardens cameras are supposed to be bad. Supercopping AI's are already irritating .

Well there is a easy fix for this:

Don't do illegal shit on the cams then you will get away with it.

And the worst the warden can do after they see you is :S oh yeah there is X person doing Y at Z they have been set to arrest and there records have been updated.

Better cams would be great, but itd be a huge buff to security that would break antag gameplay. Id like for another camera map for other z-levels like mining and science outpost, but aside from that the cams should stay the same.

The maps would be a step in the right direction

As for it breaking antag gameplay the warden has access to the cams anyway so nothing would change there the cams would just be not shit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use