New Security Armor!

FlattestGuitar

Because wardens rarely wear police hats - maybe give out such to usual officers? As well as give them police style jackets for green code instead of vests. That would be cool.

7140a4c42.jpg

Most wardens have no sense of style.

Blue coat + police hat is the most stylish security attire.

And maybe leave the armor blank for default so holobadges are actually usefull :^)

Holobadge on your jumpsuit - good way to identify your burned/husked/rotten body found in the maints.

And warden beret is actually cool. And I think police hat fits patroling secs more then warden, who sits in brig all the time.

I'd certainly like to see a security-specific armor, but I think that some kind of trenchcoat-colored detective variant would be nice too (with a gold badge, of course).

These vests would have pockets, right?

I'd rather not mess with accessory code, so the holobadges being attachable to the vest is out of the question. Sorry, I don't want to snowflake code just for the sake of one armor vest, it's either always with a badge or never with a badge.

I'm focusing on security armor with this whole thing, probably will also add a variant for the Blueshield. The rest of the station isn't supposed to be wearing their vests 24/7, so their ugly looks will be a good downside to them, I'm leaving those alone. Other garments can get their own thread if you really want, feel free to make one.

The vests I'm working on right now will NOT have additional pockets, that was deemed too much of an additional advantage. The "pockets" on the sprite are just cosmetic.

Armbands themselves are not new and still present in code - could someone reimplement them for security inside security wardrobe? They look pretty cool.

I think part of the reason they got ditched was because people kept using them as an excuse to get extra access when they probably shouldn't be doing.

They're alright in principle and are cool and all but unless we get departmental checkpoints they're kinda pointless.

Armbands themselves are not new and still present in code - could someone reimplement them for security inside security wardrobe? They look pretty cool.

I think part of the reason they got ditched was because people kept using them as an excuse to get extra access when they probably shouldn't be doing.

They're alright in principle and are cool and all but unless we get departmental checkpoints they're kinda pointless.

Thats just an accessory. We also can give departmental armbands to respective departments members. Security meanwhile will get red armband for members, who dont like to wear standart issue uniform on duty.

Departmental access have no sense without checkpoints. Animus and Yog have them but we dont. And to add proper checkpoint you need to make brand new map whic would be designed with checkpoint system in mind.

Giving sec standard red armbands doesn't sound bad in my opinion.

Third armor looks neat.

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP.

Security still need some new gear. Maybe even something for green code.

Maybe dress them like english police? Just like security they got no lethal weapons on normal patrols. Only for emergencies.

policeGH031005_450x350.jpg

norfolk_2404127b.jpg

PoliceStopPic.jpg

I like that high visibility jacket.

According to SoP, security are not meant to wear their armor until blue or higher, but the game always spawns you in wearing such. It kinda is the standard appearance of every officer, and I myself roll with it because it just feels right as is.

However... If they maybe changed it so you spawned in as you should (not wearing armor and having a cap instead of a helmet), then that would be nice for a change. Give you reason to pack armor in your backpack for when blue does come.

On bay you are not allowed to wear helmet as officer during Green code. Wearing armour is not mandatory like during other codes and left for officers own discretion. You can wear your vest or keep it in your backpack.

Russian TC server acts the same(because its basicaly bay+tg). You cant wear helmet during Green all the time but armour is fine.

I will allways roll without armor unless i know serious shit is about to go down. I really liked the style of the webbing security once had, that went really well with the standard or black security jumpsuit. Game mechanic wise body armor doesn't really matter if you are not also wearing a helmet. Everyone who is out to harm you will go for the head anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

New gear is really awesome. Could someone also code officers to spawn with badges in their bags? Because there could be no warden or he is just lazy bum. But still warden would have a box of spare badges.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use