The Gamer's Guide to the Arcade

NTSAM

This is a walkthrough on how to beat The Orion Trail and Space Villain!

Space Villain

This game is easy to beat, you just need to take your time. It usually pays off higher than the Orion Trail!

• Heal yourself a lot until your mana gets to ~10.

• Spam recharge until you're at at least 20, but heal if your health drops below 14.

Continue this cycle until you get a significantly high Health stat and a mana of at least 10.

Raise hell on the enemy by spamming attack, heal and recharge if you need to, do NOT let your health drop below 14!

The enemy will start stealing your mana to heal after he's down to about 12 health. Keep recharging until you get 15 points and keep attacking!

You have just beat Space Villain, a somewhat tedious but easy enough game. If I'm correct, your ticket payoff is increased depending on how much health and mana you have after killing the Space Villain, so experiment to find a method of maximizing your stats while keeping yourself alive. Remember magic will also kill you if it drops below 0!

Orion Trail

A quick, easier game that relies mostly on luck and very very minor resource management.

DISCLAIMER: This method won't work 100% of the time! TOT is a very randomized game and you may need to try again if it doesn't work the first time!

• Press the "Kill a Crewmember" button once, and press Continue. If something breaks, use a part. If you get a "slow down" message, just continue and/or wait if your things break when you lack the parts to fix it.

• Keep on continuing until/unless you find a shop, and sell your third crewmember for 10 FU and FO. Do not sell a crewmember if you only have two. Buy one if you have only one. Trade off FU for FO and FO for FU back and forth until you get an almost-equal amount between the two.

Continue continuing. Go around the black hole.

You should win about 80% of the time.

I believe this also scales by Crew Remaining, FU and FO remaining too. So mess around, I guess, but be careful, this game is very randomized and some strategies like this one will sometimes fail.

For the battle game (space villian, pwn lord spess, etc), the tickets dispensed is equal to:

var/score = player_hp + player_mp + 5

So if you end with 10 health / 10 mana, you'll get 15 tickets.

For Orion Trail, the tickets dispensed is equal to:

var/score = alive + round(food/2) + round(fuel/5) + engine + hull + electronics - lings_aboard

So if you (miraculously) end with 4 crew, 60 food, 80 fuel, 1 engine spare part, 1 hull spare part, 1 electronics spare part, and no changelings on board, you'll find yourself winning a whopping 53 tickets... but that's never going to happen.

Of course, all bets are off when it comes to the EMAGGED versions of these games. With those, winning is much harder, and you'll be lucky to walk away with their respective prizes (and your life)!

EDIT: There is no guide for the claw game. It may or may not be rigged. You might just suck at claw games.

• 1 month later...

I find that it's better to kill the first crewmember one or two stops in to the game, as you're trading 2 fuel per stop to have insurance against viruses and to possibly sell them for resources instead of losing them.

I remember winning an emagged Orion Trail, and getting the toy. I should've guessed it would explode by the item description.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use